Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Site Supporter
    This has are looking slightly better in Birmingham today. Yesterday many stations in my area had ran out of gas and there were huge lines. This morning stations were full, but lines were only one or two deep. At midday there are slightly more people getting gas than normal. About half of the stations that ran out yesterday have gas and diesel now. I’ve seen two different tankers at one of the nearby and busy stations. We’ll see how it goes.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I drive very little nowadays, and we have four cars for just two of us, so I usually go a long time between visiting a gas station. But on Friday I have to go somewhere that's about 30 miles round trip, and Saturday I'm taking a longer trip, about 100 miles round trip. Those two trips will be most driving I've done in a long time. Fortunately I think my truck has 3/4 of a tank, but I will top it off if I get the opportunity.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    No panic-buying here, yet.

We’re going by WW2 Rules: “Is this trip really necessary?”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Didn't know there was one until I saw this thread, so I guess it's OK here in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I have some friends driving West from DFW through NM and AZ today...
    I assumed they won't encounter any problems finding gas along the way, since the pipeline issue is East/SE coast.

Anyone in TX/NM/AZ/CA seeing any availability problems?

I know that prices are gettng ugly, but, I haven't seen any lines or stock outs here.
    Texas is fed by the Texas City and other Texas GC refineries. As long as the pipelines and tankers to it are operating, the only shortages are typically resulting from hurricane shutdowns.

The what? I just spent 4 hours mowing grass that really did not need it yet.

For real though, no idea this was a thing. Guess that is a sign to go fill up before it happens.

Smelly Armpit of TN. (West)

Yesterday after driving home from my wife's out of town surgery, I noted that local Wal-mart and Kroger gas stations that usually had 4 or 5 cars at them had people stacked up 4 deep for every pump.

The gas station next door that was $.03 more expensive only had 2 people, so I filled back up there. There was a guy 1 pump over that had a pickup truck completely filled with various non regulation containers that he was filling up, in the bed of his truck....

This morning, on my way to work, it looked "normal", I think there were no lines and a few people getting gas. Mostly people stopped there getting breakfast and smokes. No price increase so far.

Now maybe this afternoon there will be a change.

I plan on stopping every day and topping off on my way home since I need go pick my wife back up this weekend and it is a 5 hour round trip. I will need 1/2 to 3/4 of a tank of gas to get there and back.

I guess I could just leave her there until I can get gas......

SE Florida.

I filled up this morning in my sub-rural area and when I got there about 8am it didn't seem to be any more or less busy than usual (we get a lot of lawn companies filling up at this particular gas station, with all the associated BS and drama). As I was filling up, this woman pulled in behind me (an hocked a loogie out of the window, to boot) which would normally be odd.

By the time I looped out of the McDonalds next door with my two breakfast burritos there were two more cars lined up behind her, some other sort of traffic snarl drama ensuing, and I booked it out of there before I could see anything more.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

No discernable impact here in CA. The local Chevron has 87 octane at $4.30/gallon, and that's pretty normal lately.

Last night 5/11 wife could not find any gas for sale in Pensacola, this morning 5/12 third gas station she passed had 87 octane available so she filled the tank.

User Tag List