Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Even though the car my wife drove to work today has a nearly full tank, I told my wife to top it off if she comes across a station without lines and not sold out.

Chris
    Its this kind of thinking that fuels the problem
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I went yesterday, as both vehicles were at a 1/4 tank. If I am not going to drive them for a while (a month), then I try to get them to that point and top off with fresh when driving.
    Only half the pumps were being used. No lines, quick in and out. Cost up for filling since the last time I did, but my driving distances are less, so I tend not to notice that as much.

I drove from CT to NC yesterday. All pumps were open in northern Virginia, only regular gas in southern Virginia, and I arrived with 3/4 of a tank. I didn’t see any stations with gas in the Asheville Airport area, but I’ve got plenty for a couple weeks of beer runs, so I’ll be able to sit this Phantom Shortage out like I did all the others. I guess that counts as good timing.

The problem with being smart enough not to cause a shortage by being a panicky idiot is that you’re also smart enough to know that the panicky idiots will cause one anyway, and if you don’t get ahead of the idiot curve, you’ll be caught behind it.

Probably good to figure five days a stupid then things will settle down.

Future Darwin Award nominee

Name:  2871930D-13FA-472A-AB68-7B8F72F269A1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  62.2 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

That is the polar opposite of smart. How did the staff at the gas station not stop them from doing that plastic bag BS?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That is the polar opposite of smart. How did the staff at the gas station not stop them from doing that plastic bag BS?
    Staff at the gas station? Usually, there's one person at the cash register. Period.

the warnings about gas storage containers remind me of the warnings about not drinking bleach to kill COVID, I think we should just shut up and let these things work themselves out
    (with the one caveat that a moron with a bag of gas may present a danger to himself AND others while the bleach-eater is only harming themselves)

Floridians are finding themselves in two gas panic camps.
    1) idiots that don't actually understand where our gas comes from and so are panic buying
    2) people that do understand, but are now panic buying anyway because of group 1
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Future Darwin Award nominee

Name:  2871930D-13FA-472A-AB68-7B8F72F269A1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  62.2 KB
    Is it wrong to want video of the bag to tank transfer?
    Taking a break from social media.

...and just when you think ya have seen it all, "gas bagging" with a totally new meaning.

User Tag List