Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Its this kind of thinking that fuels the problem
    Maybe, but we're not talking about hoarding gas in 5gal jerry cans (saw this firsthand), buckets (have seen this previously), or trash bags (posted to this very thread). We're topping off vehicles that are in use as convenient opportunities become available. Note I said to use stations without lines, which implies the supply in that immediate area is not a problem.

Chris

I panic purchased TP and paper towels.

It's only human.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Wait, we're supposed to hoard gas now?

My toilet paper stash finally became epic.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

No panic or shortage in my area of the Florida panhandle. Marianna area.

My Maryland buddy drives a diesel and he's had no issues getting fuel. He has an older diesel so he can run home heating fuel if need be, which he currently has 500 gallons of on hand. His wife is super happy that she can work from home again and not have to commute, she's using the shortage as an excuse.

Here in Ohio where I live, no shortages that I know of, filled the truck, and a 5 gallon gas can up yesterday, no problem. As far as I know, there are at least 4 refineries in the state, ( in the past, at different times, I have worked at all 4) I don’t foresee any problems here.

I filled up my truck and five five-gallon gas cans this morning at the station by my house. The cans are mower gas though, so it really wasn't panic buying.

Here in NW Alabama, I bought gas at a Chevron station today. But two Shell stations were out.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Wait, we're supposed to hoard gas now?

My toilet paper stash finally became epic.
    No, sir! Gasoline hoarding is soooo last week. Hoarding emergency windmill reserve power is where it's at now. It's the green thing to do.

Name:  balloons-natural-latex-rubber-balloons-1158142.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  balloon_go_a4368ff3-92e4-4d2b-a938-e70f79cf8be1_large.png
Views: 190
Size:  74.1 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    My Maryland buddy drives a diesel and he's had no issues getting fuel. He has an older diesel so he can run home heating fuel if need be, which he currently has 500 gallons of on hand. His wife is super happy that she can work from home again and not have to commute, she's using the shortage as an excuse.
    Someone once told me that the only difference between home heating oil and diesel was the dye and the tax? There used to be a guy around here who converted his diesel VW to run on fryer oil. I got stuck behind him at a light one day and his exhaust fumes smelled like french fries. It was almost as bad as being stuck behind someone vaping.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List