Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

How is the gas panic in your area?

I filled up the 36 gallon tank on Friday and have gas stored, I might go take a look at the local situation today.
    #RESIST

Either long lines (hour+) or gas station closures here.

At the same time our State officials were telling everyone not to panic buy, other officials were discussing a state of emergency and to expect long lines of tanker trucks near the port.

Guess which message the people responded to.

I've had a number of patients call yesterday and today and cancel their appointments stating they do not want to risk being stranded

I live 25 min. north of Chop and no lines yet.

The media should be able to create a national frenzy in the name of oil dependance and evil ICE cars.

Seems like gas did go up .20 ish though.

Gas is the new TP in Georgia.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Things are fine here. We don't get petroleum products from any pipeline. Oil comes in by ship or rail and there are 5 refineries in the area. WA ships product to both OR and CA.

Now if the rail transport system were attacked by cyber terrorists or insurgents we would have a yuge problem. I think it may have already happened.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I filled up the 36 gallon tank on Friday and have gas stored, I might go take a look at the local situation today.
    I filled up everything on Monday. There was no panic, though one station had run out of gas.

We had to go to Fairfax yesterday, so I took note of the situation at gas stations as we drove. Virtually all of them had lines.

Even though the car my wife drove to work today has a nearly full tank, I told my wife to top it off if she comes across a station without lines and not sold out.

Chris

The municipality I work for has closed the fleet fuel station. Idea being we fuel our trucks at gas stations (which we do plenty anyway) and if there is a serious shortage problem they will then use the fuel at our fleet.

I haven't noticed long lines, but I understand at least one place ran out of gas.

Site Supporter
    I have some friends driving West from DFW through NM and AZ today...
    I assumed they won't encounter any problems finding gas along the way, since the pipeline issue is East/SE coast.

Anyone in TX/NM/AZ/CA seeing any availability problems?

I know that prices are gettng ugly, but, I haven't seen any lines or stock outs here.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Camp Lejeune PX's ran out of gas yesterday as did almost all of the gas stations in Jacksonville NC, limited diesel is still available. Limited deliveries are expected throughout the week but it will likely be a week or so before all the stations are able to keep up with the demand and keep their tanks topped up, The base put all the "non-essentials" on telework if they can and is limiting the govie white and green fleet access to the fuel farms on base to "essential" current operations in order to preserve contingency fuel.... I've got a Coxswain course on the water currently and luckily we just filled all the fuel bladders and spare tanks on Monday morning. The NC governor's state of emergency message did nothing but turn what would have been a slight inconvenience into a much bigger deal, thanks for nothing buddy..... My Navy Medical dental appt that was for tomorrow to get a crown put on just got moved to next month as they are not working the rest of the week.... and the price of a gallon of gas went up by about 25 cents yesterday before all the stations went dry...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    I’m echoing the above. New River went dry, then got a truck in and then PMO was limiting everyone to $40 worth. I’m burning jet fuel like it’s going out of style though! No gas in J-ville or S down through Wilmington. Got to watch some fights pop off yesterday though while waiting in line!

User Tag List