Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Someone once told me that the only difference between home heating oil and diesel was the dye and the tax? There used to be a guy around here who converted his diesel VW to run on fryer oil. I got stuck behind him at a light one day and his exhaust fumes smelled like french fries. It was almost as bad as being stuck behind someone vaping.
    kinda yeah. We use it in old tractors, runs cleaner and better.

Not any better here in my neck of the woods on day 3 or 4 or whatever it is.

Someone at work today loaded up the app that lets you find gas stations and according to it roughly 70% of stations in our area are closed, out of gas.

Not sure how accurate / up-to-date that app is though.

Site Supporter
    Everything at the southernly end of the pipeline in Birmingham seems to be returning to normal. There were still a couple of gas stations I passed that were out of gas this morning, but plenty have gas and there aren’t any big lines I’ve seen. Hopefully things get better for you folks who are further up the line soon.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Someone once told me that the only difference between home heating oil and diesel was the dye and the tax? There used to be a guy around here who converted his diesel VW to run on fryer oil. I got stuck behind him at a light one day and his exhaust fumes smelled like french fries. It was almost as bad as being stuck behind someone vaping.
    So, heating oil isn’t like… oil?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Heating fuel is low sulfur diesel. Modern diesels after around 2003 or so need Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel or it can damage emissions equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I filled up my truck and five five-gallon gas cans this morning at the station by my house. The cans are mower gas though, so it really wasn't panic buying.
    Truck is low and both 5gal mower cans are empty. Probably gonna look like a dick when i fill up...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I have some friends driving West from DFW through NM and AZ today...
    I assumed they won't encounter any problems finding gas along the way, since the pipeline issue is East/SE coast.

Anyone in TX/NM/AZ/CA seeing any availability problems?

I know that prices are gettng ugly, but, I haven't seen any lines or stock outs here.
    Closing the loop on this post.

My friends made it to San Diego yesterday and report no gas supply issues along the way (as expected), other than the (also-expected) slap-in-the-face cost of gasoline in Cali.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I saw some gas available sans line today, I pulled in and topped off.
    #RESIST

Spotty outages here, including some of the more pricey stations, but there seems to be enough fuel to alleviate the panic.

Site Supporter
    Several stations around me are out. Those that have gas are predominantly Premium only and the price is approximately $1 per gallon above same time last week.

User Tag List