Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ignorant peasants. Your betters just want you to buy electric cars.
    I don't doubt that within a week, one (or more) of the usual suspects (New Yorker, Atlantic, Salon, etc.) will waste some electrons with some sneering tripe on "why the pipeline incident proves the case for electric vehicles" or a similar hypothesis along the same theme.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter
    Things seem to be improving around here. I'm seeing fewer lines and fewer blocked off pumps.

My concern, however, is that if this doesn't sort itself out in a week or so, my family won't be able to come in to celebrate my daughter's HS graduation (Summa Cum Laude!). My in-laws will probably be ok, they're only about 200 miles away and coming from an area not too hard hit by this. My mom, on the other hand, is coming from Eastern NC. She has further to drive and will be coming from a more impacted area. We have a bit more than a week before this becomes a critical concern though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    I don't doubt that within a week, one (or more) of the usual suspects (New Yorker, Atlantic, Salon, etc.) will waste some electrons with some sneering tripe on "why the pipeline incident proves the case for electric vehicles" or a similar hypothesis along the same theme.
    I can't believe it hasn't been done already, lead by people in California, despite the fact that they can't always produce enough electricity to keep the lights on.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Fueled up in Cross City (north Florida) this afternoon—no line, plenty of fuel on hand. Topped off in Ocala about an hour ago—Circle K had no gas, but the Wawa a couple miles down the road had like 17 different octanes available and maybe 2 of 10 pumps were in use. What panic?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Like no one ever would think of disrupting the electric grid in a similar manner…
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List