Thread: Defensive Shotgun Skills - DFW - June 13

Site Supporter

Defensive Shotgun Skills - DFW - June 13

Palisade Training Group will be teaching its Defensive Shotgun Skills Class June 13, 2021 Big Rock Gun Club.

Register here: https://www.ptgtrainingllc.com/store...un_Skills.html

The defensive shotgun may be the single most useful tool one can use during a home invasion or in order to stand down a small group of openly hostile persons threatening violence. Shotguns were reportedly the weapons of choice used by many law enforcement officers dealing with bands of armed looters during the Hurricane Katrina aftermath. A shotgun loaded with buckshot is far more effective in stopping a lethal threat quickly than a handgun, and effective at ranges as far as 40 yards with Federal Reduced Recoil Tactical 00 buckshot. Although used less often, slugs offer extended range, enhanced penetration, and/or more surgical accuracy when needed. A conventionally stocked tube-fed shotgun that holds no more than five rounds is likely legal in every state and will probably be one of the last firearms to be targeted by anti-gunners.
    This class covers critical gunhandling and marksmanship skills unique to the defensive shotgun with heavy emphasis placed on always keeping the shotgun up and running and finding the sweet spot between speed and accuracy. Students will learn how their individual shotgun patterns buckshot at close, intermediate, and longer distances as well as point-of-aim/point-of-impact with slugs. Most civilian-sector gunfights are not single-variable static events, which means students will also participate in drills and exercises that place an emphasis on problem-solving and implementation of fundamental defensive tactics.
    Required Equipment: Pump-action or semi-automatic shotgun, eye and ear protection, clothing suitable for season and weather, 100 birdshot, 25 buckshot (Federal Tactical reduced recoil 00 with Flite Control wad recommended), 25 slugs (reduced recoil recommended), and means of carrying at least 8 extra rounds on their shotgun, belt, or in a pocket. Students will not be permitted to load out of a dump pouch or similar shotshell holder during timed events. Students should also bring water, snacks, lunch, and a lawn chair.
    830am to 430pm
    $150 ​

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    BTT

Site Supporter
    BTT

I am in! My schedule just cleared, and I can attend.

If you don't have a shotgun, I'll bring plenty of spares to loan out to people. Don't sit on the fence, come learn the Gospel of the Gauge.

User Tag List