Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock is developing a rifle?

Glock Carbine Mags

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Highly unlikely. At that time Magpul was still a small company which had never produced guns, where as Glock is a medium to large company with well established production facilities in the US.

My understanding is Magpul merely licensed Bushmaster to make the Masada. Magpul still owns the design and could produce it or license it to someone else if they thought demand was there long term.
    I was just joking about Bushmaster. But it could be similar in how everyone got their hopes up and were then disanointed.

Any idea from he drawings if it will accept usgi mags or does it look like something proprietary?

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    I was just joking about Bushmaster. But it could be similar in how everyone got their hopes up and were then disanointed.
    That would be an abdication.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post

Any idea from he drawings if it will accept usgi mags or does it look like something proprietary?
    Looks like 5.56 and M-16 mags which is logical since they are the NATO standard.

I would not get my hopes up as Glock is very oriented to institutional GOV/MIL/LE so even if they make these, they may or may not release a civilian semi auto only version. Or may or may not make them in/for the US.

Speaking of Bushmaster and the ACR, while the BM ACR's were problematic, Remington Defense put quite a bit of work into R&D improvements for the select fire ACR on the MIL/GOV side. I got to shoot one of the Remington Defense improved ACR's during an 870 armorer's class at FLETC and was impressed vs the commercial version.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-11-2021 at 01:05 PM.

It would help if they make it in Georgia.

Importing these from Austria in some type of sport or configuration and then converting them would just add to the cost.
    With the current state of the firearms market, if Glock built them here, they’d sell them as fast as they could box them up and ship them out. The question is would they add the additional production capability to do so, or divert some of the resources used to produce Glock handguns to produce these rifles. Right now Glock is also selling every handgun they make as fast as they can box it up and ship it out. The profit margin on the rifle would have to be pretty great to warrant diverting handgun producing resources.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    With the current state of the firearms market, if Glock built them here, they’d sell them as fast as they could /box them up and ship them out. The question is would they add the additional production capability to do so, or divert some of the resources used to produce Glock handguns to produce these rifles. Right now Glock is also selling every handgun they make as fast as they can box it up and ship it out. The profit margin on the rifle would have to be pretty great to warrant diverting handgun producing resources.
    And would they want to invest in that infrastructure with the possibility of them being Biden banned. That's why HK never set up HK 91/93/94 production in the US.

The only reason HK are making some rifles in Colombus GA now is DOD contracts.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-11-2021 at 01:05 PM.

And would they want to invest in that infrastructure with the possibility of them being Biden banned. That's why HK never set up HK 91/93/94 production in the US.

The only reason HK are making some rifles in Colombus GA now is DOD contracts.
    Yeah. This is a scary time if you have assets tied up in the production of military style semi-auto rifles, or whatever we’re calling then now. Even if Glock makes them overseas, the administration could just ban their importation.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Yeah. This is a scary time if you have assets tied up in the production of military style semi-auto rifles, or whatever we’re calling then now. Even if Glock makes them overseas, the administration could just ban their importation.
    Unless Glock got a EU GOV/MIL contract for them, it would make more sense to make them in the US. Bigger commercial market and for GOV/MIL sales US ITAR is still easier to work with than most EU versions of ITAR.

Yeah. This is a scary time if you have assets tied up in the production of military style semi-auto rifles, or whatever we’re calling then now.
    The term you're looking for is "murder sticks".

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I first heard rumors of a Glock rifle back in 2011 when I took my Glock armorers course. I believed them then.... but for now, I'll wait til I see it with my own two eyes

I don't see any downside to Glock manufacturing these here. Glock has AMAZING LEO market penetration and lets face it, a zombie hoard of people who would drink Gaston's pee if he told them to. They can make these here for LEO and Military and sell them on the side to civilians. Most LEO aren't going to issue FA guns anyway so there is no real difference between the two. And I also suspect Glock is savvy enough to realize that there is very little likelihood of a ban in the United States (for the time being).

What interests me is that this may not be yet another AR-18. I am hoping for something a little weird. Still, it doesn't look that simple to me. Of course, I may just be looking at it wrong. But I didn't get the impression from the drawings that this gun is anything special in the simplicity department.

User Tag List