Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock is developing a rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    When pigs fly.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Time to play "Animals" by Pink Floyd.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If real I am sure I will buy one but I wonder why they wouldn't use a monolithic rail design?

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    When pigs fly.
    Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that!!![emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If real I am sure I will buy one but I wonder why they wouldn't use a monolithic rail design?
    Have to define “real.” It’s real in that Glock has done enough research and development for a carbine to apply for patents but does that equal a product coming to market anytime soon? Who knows.

A big question is how recently was the R&D done snd how recent are the patents ?

Re: monolithic rail- this could be something the they worked on 20 years ago and abandoned, or maybe, like Colt, they don’t want to pay LMT royalties for use of LMT’s patent on monolithic uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I assume they've designed this to be lower cost then a monolithic extruded aluminum uppers (ala SCAR), as minimizing production cost/ machining time is a main driver of Glocks pistol designs.

If I had to guess, the top part (labeled 4-6) is aluminum, likely extruded, and then the rest of the handguard and lower receiver are polymer. Presumably, this would shorten machining time and aluminum use vs having a continuous extrusion.

Sometimes, one patents an idea, not so much to bring the idea to production, but to keep another manufacturer from being able to market the idea, unless royalties are paid. Some that come to mind, that I remember from forum discussions and articles, are that Canon patented camera and lens concepts that were never marketed.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Sometimes, one patents an idea, not so much to bring the idea to production, but to keep another manufacturer from being able to market the idea, unless royalties are paid. Some that come to mind, that I remember from forum discussions and articles, are that Canon patented camera and lens concepts that were never marketed.
    I believe Nikon does this too, since they are an optical company that also builds cameras. (Speaking to the photographic division only.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List