Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock is developing a rifle?

I've known it was a real concept but . . .

I was pining for a modern designed, polymer leveraged carbine like a modern M1 Carbine weighing 5-6 lbs, handle optics, could come as a semi auto or pump, in intermediate calibers 10mm - maybe 300 BO.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-11-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A big question is how recently was the R&D done snd how recent are the patents ?
    Per the Recoil link:

Applications were filed the beginning of November 2019, and were published in the first half of April.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If real I am sure I will buy one but I wonder why they wouldn't use a monolithic rail design?
    My assumption is that the quick change barrel system would preclude that.

I will admit I’m curious if this will happen. I’m also skeptical we would see it here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

I was pining for a modern designed, polymer leveraged carbine like a modern M1 Carbine weighing 5-6 lbs, handle optics, could come as a semi auto or pump, in intermediate calibers 10mm - maybe 300 BO.
    Like most European gun companies Glock primarily sees their market as GOV/MIK/LE. There’s no institutional market for what you describe.

I’m curious. I’m hoping it’s relatively inexpensive compared to its competitors.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

You might have to settle for an antique M1 carbine. I've thought about putting a red dot on mine but if I can ring steel with it at 200 yds what's the point?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m curious. I’m hoping it’s relatively inexpensive compared to its competitors.
    It would help if they make it in Georgia.

Importing these from Austria in some type of sport or configuration and then converting them would just add to the cost.

Glock Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It would help if they make it in Georgia.

Importing these from Austria in some type of sport or configuration and then converting them would just add to the cost.
    i'm reminded of when Magpul first announced the Masada. Lets just hope Glock doesn't farm out the USA version to Bushmaster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    i'm reminded of when Magpul first announced the Masada. Lets just hope Glock doesn't farm out the USA version to Bushmaster.
    Highly unlikely. At that time Magpul was still a small company which had never produced guns, where as Glock is a medium to large company with well established production facilities in the US.

My understanding is Magpul merely licensed Bushmaster to make the Masada. Magpul still owns the design and could produce it or license it to someone else if they thought demand was there long term.

User Tag List