Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock is developing a rifle?

If Glock does come out with a carbine, I see Glock making deals with Law Enforcement agencies, where you get a duty handgun and patrol rifle for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You misspelled "GARBAGE".

Which is what another boring AR-clone in a saturated market. Add in Glock's CS attempting to out HK, HK these days, that'll be fun. I forone look forward to seeing this one released in five generations with each successive generation getting worse until they finally fix it at the behest of somebody with 'real' influence in the fifth generation.

Because we're Glock(enspiel) und you must play the correct notes ($$ und ££) on our xylophone or we hate you!
    Damn, you must have double dosed your curmudgeon pills today.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Damn, you must have double dosed your curmudgeon pills today.
    Definitely.

I lost ~4 days worth of work when files on my desktop just disappeared yesterday afternoon. And I was up all night working and not sleeping. So, I'm not feeling super charitable right now.

Here's my gimme - I'll buy a GAR(bage) Rifle, but only if every single fastener in it is a T7 Torx.

Site Supporter
    Definitely.

I lost ~4 days worth of work when files on my desktop just disappeared yesterday afternoon. And I was up all night working and not sleeping. So, I'm not feeling super charitable right now.

Here's my gimme - I'll buy a GAR(bage) Rifle, but only if every single fastener in it is a T7 Torx.
    Dr. Revchuck prescribes beer, food, and sleep. Unless you have to recreate those files in order to unass Chiraq, in which case you do what you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Dr. Revchuck prescribes beer, food, and sleep. Unless you have to recreate those files in order to unass Chiraq, in which case you do what you gotta do.
    Yea. It is unfortunately the latter. But the good news, by 10pm tonight, I should be back to where I was at 10am yesterday.

Like a Glock with each successive generation, I regress.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    If Glock does come out with a carbine, I see Glock making deals with Law Enforcement agencies, where you get a duty handgun and patrol rifle for a decent price.
    If I were Glock, I'd get the out the door as fast as I could, take LE ARs in on trade in, then sell the ARs on the used market while prices are still high.

I lost ~4 days worth of work when files on my desktop just disappeared yesterday afternoon. And I was up all night working and not sleeping.
    I use DropBox and then sync to multiple computers, four computer actually. A few things get copied over to Google Drive too. DropBox and Google are the best. Box is good. OneDrive burned me a few years ago, and I still don't completely trust them. Of course OneDrive is what my institution uses. Also, ReadCube Papers is great. I got so tired of having to back up and copy things when I change institutions, that I had to find a better way. Now if an asteroid destroyed my building at work, I wouldn't lose anything. I apologize for muddying up this thread with unrelated content. I'll be quiet now.

This is NOT the Glock Carbine, but based on the abbreviated upper receiver paired with step down handguard, gives us kind of an idea of what it could look like based on the patent drawings.

Patent:

Perun X16:

Obviously a different design, but gives us some idea of what it could end up looking like.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Lots of interesting stuff if you go to Google patents and search for "Glock Technology GmbH" as the assignee.

You could pretty much blow Saturday out of the water with the reading.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    If I were Glock, I'd get the out the door as fast as I could, take LE ARs in on trade in, then sell the ARs on the used market while prices are still high.
    Not a bad idea.

I use DropBox and then sync to multiple computers, four computer actually. A few things get copied over to Google Drive too. DropBox and Google are the best. Box is good. OneDrive burned me a few years ago, and I still don't completely trust them. Of course OneDrive is what my institution uses. Also, ReadCube Papers is great. I got so tired of having to back up and copy things when I change institutions, that I had to find a better way. Now if an asteroid destroyed my building at work, I wouldn't lose anything. I apologize for muddying up this thread with unrelated content. I'll be quiet now.
    DropBox and Google Drive cannot handle the level of data I transfer and move around regularly. I went to Cincinnati last week and came back with 400gigs of data from <3 hours of data generation. That's raw, obviously once I process it down I come out using about a 1/4-1/3 of that. But anyways, I regularly work with files that are 30gigs in size. And DropBox and Google simply can't handle the size. Hell, I broke my instutition's Box account last week, twice, trying to upload large files.

In my case, I usually run nightly backups to a 1TB external using Time Machine, and a weekly backup to my personal server with about 10tb of storage on it right now. Unfortunately, I stupidly forgot it a few nights in a row and thus lost data. My next lab also generates massive amounts of data and has already three Enterprise-level server racks and enough computing power to make an amateur cryptocurrency miner weep.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've known it was a real concept but . . .

I was pining for a modern designed, polymer leveraged carbine like a modern M1 Carbine weighing 5-6 lbs, handle optics, could come as a semi auto or pump, in intermediate calibers 10mm - maybe 300 BO.
    That is kind of along the same lines I was hoping for. Something to fight the Ruger PCC and the Just Right carbines, so maybe takedown, and caliber convertible with a bolt and barrel change would be awesome. Build one sized for 9mm/40 and on sized for .45 / 10mm. They would sell piles of them.

User Tag List