Thread: Attaching 2 pt Sling with MASH Hook to Quad Rail?

Site Supporter

Attaching 2 pt Sling with MASH Hook to Quad Rail?

My carbine is oh so 2008. I am presently "running" a Specter Gear Single Point Sling with an MI QD mount. The stock is GI M-4 and the quad rails are drop in Yankee Hill Machine. Aimpoint Pro replaced an EO Tech when they bought my Rev E in 2015ish.

The recent Minimalist 2 pt sling thread got me to thinking a bit. The SOB B Sling can be sold with a MASH hook which can easily be installed on the front sight. I am bit worried that will get fouled up with the light at 10:30. Therefore, I was thinking of simply "snapping in" the MASH hook though a couple of holes in the rail in an effort to have the sling mounted as far apart on the 1200 o'clock points of the rifle.

https://sobtactical.com/slings/

I used the rifle very little though I hope to train with it a bit as the weather is getting nice. Any issues re the MASH hook wearing through the rails etc.

I like the B sling solution at 26.00 + shipping v the Proctor Sling at 45.00 + shipping v the MMT Sling at 30.00 + shipping plus another 20ish for a QD mount (sub 9.99 chinese mounts from Amazon are a hard both re country of origin and QC).

Input is gratefully sought.

THX
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

For attaching a sling directly to the handguard, I think the U-Loop is the better option that McPhee offers

Ghetto rig a loop to the handguard instead of directing clipping into the handguard, maybe? Using something like this: https://countycomm.com/collections/c.../a-p-key-rings

Or a few strands of fishing line or some other high strength cordage.

had em both, id buy the u-loop dude , that mash hook can get pretty noisy... unless you put scrunchie on it, or tape it up, or remember to hold it down with your thumb when you get moving.

Site Supporter
    THX. SOB B-Sling w U-Loop, some SOB Bands and a sticker re slaughtering "sacred cows" was ordered.

Will advise when it comes in and how it works out etc.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I've played around with gutted 550 and MASH hooks and you can tweak with it enough to have the 550 slip through the MASH hook. Thicker cordage might work but the MASH hooks also rattle a bit when I'm hunting, and certainly wear the finish off AK front sling loops. I heavily wrap the MASH with tape and it helps a bit.

I'm going to play with blue force gear HK style hooks + gutted 550 cord attachments next for non-AR long guns I have. The SOB B sling with the U-loop so far has been quiet and stable between two MLOK slots on one of my AR carbines.
    +1 for the SOB B slings as well.

I've heard enough stories about chineseium crap parts breaking. When I'm river crossing on a log I don't really want to be using a chineseium QD mount.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 07-28-2021 at 02:02 AM.

User Tag List