Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue porch lights: "Light Ohio Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Reading between the lines, I sense many of us support the police but choose not to be identified with them. The term virtue signaling was used. I do not see this term fitting this context. In my case when I do install a blue porch light, I am not communicating or bragging about my beliefs so as to receive praise. Instead I'm saluting the beat cop who drives by every night. If the damn light makes them feel better, then that is my goal. I admit that a blue porch light will not increase my risks. Of course, I'm nearing the end of my life span, and I don't give a shit about some of the stuff that younger persons do.
    Completely agree. It is not virtue signalling. It is an act of respect.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

I just took this picture of the front of my house. I don’t care what anyone thinks...I’m blue...even though I’m retired. If anyone of my neighbors has an issue they can talk to me about it...

Name:  BB22CC0B-937D-49A2-89B8-219EDF04ED39.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  43.3 KB

Student
    Greg Ellifritz has reposted the entry on his regular public blog.
    https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...e-porch-lights

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Putting aside the obvious reasons in favor of maintaining the "gray man" persona...some of the replies and arrogance in this thread is disappointing.

(I'll get over it...but nonetheless...)
    I'm afraid before long I'll be informed that flying Old Glory is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I'm afraid before long I'll be informed that flying Old Glory is asking for trouble.
    That's a risk I'm still willing to take.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's a risk I'm still willing to take.
    Amen, brother.

I've been told on this forum "Fuck your coffee!" buy a former LEO when I quipped about things I do personally and at the place I work at. Apparently, I didn't pass his purity test (and guess neither did Phoenix PD since they had accepted my support). I guess to pass the test, I had to drop everything and hit the streets like an Antifa rioter instead of quieter things: vote, write letters, donate money, educate/lobby other voters and people who have the means to donate money. The actual blue light bulb may be too much self-aggrandizing, but the concept by other means should be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I've been told on this forum "Fuck your coffee!" buy a former LEO when I quipped about things I do personally and at the place I work at. Apparently, I didn't pass his purity test (and guess neither did Phoenix PD since they had accepted my support). I guess to pass the test, I had to drop everything and hit the streets like an Antifa rioter instead of quieter things: vote, write letters, donate money, educate/lobby other voters and people who have the means to donate money. The actual blue light bulb may be too much self-aggrandizing, but the concept by other means should be encouraged.
    I can't imagine who the fucking retard is that felt compelled to insult you in that manner. I, for one, have been the recipient of your generosity, (G19 RSAs), and have never heard word one from you showing any lack of support or compassion for LEOs...unless it may have been deserved in the circumstances.

Thankfully, one guy doesn't speak for us all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have Police Memorial Fund license plates and I don’t give a fuck who doesn’t like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post

True that. I'm not a particularly patriotic person although I'm a vet and belong to the American Legion. I don't fly the American flag but my neighbor does. He's had his up since he moved in. He's a wounded Iraqi vet and proud of his service. I wouldn't target his house or his family for any reason. Just wouldn't be a good idea.

I see this as the same type of issue. Fly your flag or display your colors however you choose.....and defend them.

I once worked with a guy who had a Confederate battle flag on the front bumper of his personal vehicle. That shit will get you some serious push back where I live. I don't agree with what that represents but I have respect for his heritage and family history. My family history parallels his. The org I worked for effectively drove him out of a job because of his politics. Sad.

Rule of thumb. When working for a gov't agency be the grey man if you want to survive.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-21-2022 at 09:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List