Thread: 9mm PCC upper

Site Supporter

9mm PCC upper

I have a QC10 small frame Glock mag compatible lower and the neccessary components to complete it that I've been sitting on for a few years for no good reason.

I'm looking to finally complete the project and build a pistol. Looking for a compatible complete upper with barrel between 6 and 10 inches long. The easy button is to pick up a complete QC upper to drop on top but even pre-covid their prices were fairly high compared to some other options on the market.

I've built a number of ARs over the years but this is my first pistol caliber so I'll admit I don't know what I don't know. I believe the BCG being Glock mag compatible is more important than the upper and barrel but am looking for confirmation and whether any other manufacturers Glock mag upper would drop on? Any recommendations for suitably reliable and durable uppers are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I have a QC10 small frame Glock mag compatible lower and the neccessary components to complete it that I've been sitting on for a few years for no good reason.

I'm looking to finally complete the project and build a pistol. Looking for a compatible complete upper with barrel between 6 and 10 inches long. The easy button is to pick up a complete QC upper to drop on top but even pre-covid their prices were fairly high compared to some other options on the market.

I've built a number of ARs over the years but this is my first pistol caliber so I'll admit I don't know what I don't know. I believe the BCG being Glock mag compatible is more important than the upper and barrel but am looking for confirmation and whether any other manufacturers Glock mag upper would drop on? Any recommendations for suitably reliable and durable uppers are appreciated!
    I've had good luck with KAW Valley components. https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/Default.asp

Take a blem BCM upper, or any other upper, and have at it.

I've built two 16" PCC's using KAW Valley components and haven't had any problems.

I use el-cheapo Matrix Arms rails on them as they are generally in stock and the rifles are range toys for use in our clubs outlaw PCC matches.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mat...rot-mlok-9.htm

Do it with the cheapest components possible. The manufacture of your lower did....... don’t expect it to be anything other than a toy, or a boat anchor. It is not suited for anything serious.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    Do it with the cheapest components possible. The manufacture of your lower did....... don’t expect it to be anything other than a toy, or a boat anchor. It is not suited for anything serious.
    True for all 9mm AR lowers in general or the QC10 lower in particular?

That’s a most excellent question....... one which I can’t answer. But many of the flimsy parts used in by that design are proprietary, not available as replacements, and shit the bed in short order. PCC’s in the AR configuration have come a long way wince that lower was introduced, so I would like to think there are some respectable models in existence. That said, for a PCC, a delayed/roller-lock type design is a more reliable option if practical application matters.

Name:  FE734925-A812-4C83-B84D-3239EA39886B.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  70.5 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    I was looking at the CMMG roller upper if I could find one.

User Tag List