Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHPWS Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Im just going to re-post this here since it appears to have been largely missed in the glock plug thing thread and this thread is gaining more traction again

this has been making the rounds on FB. Sounds like they need to make an official announcement
    TL: DR: Unexpected growth + poor hiring. Should be better now
    I did see that, and sent Buck an e-mail. Didn't call as I'm deaf and never learned to use the relay service provided for the deaf & hard of hearing.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Im just going to re-post this here since it appears to have been largely missed in the glock plug thing thread and this thread is gaining more traction again

this has been making the rounds on FB. Sounds like they need to make an official announcement
    Really glad to see this take place. My experience with their customer service was atrocious, almost to the point of me not wanting to use their products anymore. Will give them another shot in the future.

Well, I have to hand it to Buck, a good message.

(I also now know it was probably the 9-year old’s fault for the @%7%ed-up plates they sent me nearly two years ago.)

To their credit, they were very responsive in terms of quickly sending more @%7%ed-up plates to replace the initial @%7%ed-up plates, so there’s that.

All joking aside, people make mistakes, and it is how they handle them that reveals character. Buck seems to have seen the light. A very good thing.

That is all I could ask right there to give them another shot. I respect that he owned it, and I hope that they can recover their reputation. I'll buy some plugs based on that post, and give them a chance.

This doesn’t really address the biggest issue I had with them, which was the owners behavior towards his customers.

If the only way he can keep from being an asshole to customers is to hire someone else to handle those interactions, I’d still prefer to deal with someone else who doesn’t have that issue at all.

I’m glad they are trying to get better and I hope they do. I wouldn’t have an issue using one of their plates or products that could easily be replaced or removed if needed, but I’ll still avoid them for any custom work.

Sometimes the personality traits it takes to start a company, are not the same traits it takes to manage a company and provide great customer service. Hopefully Buck gets it right now. Randy Lee and Scott Falk should be his role models for making great products and doing business right.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sometimes the personality traits it takes to start a company, are not the same traits it takes to manage a company and provide great customer service. Hopefully Buck gets it right now. Randy Lee and Scott Falk should be his role models for making great products and doing business right.
    It's one of the common tragedies when the hobbyist tries to take things to the professional level. Being personally good at making good widgets doesn't always translate into being good at running a business.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Just got the CH plate delivered today I ordered on the 28th for my G48. Haven't opened it can mounted the optic, but so far, so good.

That was a pretty comprehensive Fall On The Sword letter.

I think sometimes we might lose sight of how small some of these "major" players are in the custom gun industry. I have been in situations (my wife's small print shop) where one critical path person can screw the entire organization, and when they deserve to be fired you urgently need their help to fix the thing they screwed up. It can also be difficult to fire somebody when they might be 20% of the staff.

ETA: Meeting these guys in person got me started on tinkering with my own guns. Randy's (before Scott) demeanor is part of what sent me down the M&P rabbit hole a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Randy Lee and Scott Falk should be his role models for making great products and doing business right.

This reinforces something else I have come to believe -- making quality parts is hard, but doing quality Gunsmithing is orders of magnitude harder than making parts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List