Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CHPWS Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    That was a pretty comprehensive Fall On The Sword letter.

I think sometimes we might lose sight of how small some of these "major" players are in the custom gun industry. I have been in situations (my wife's small print shop) where one critical path person can screw the entire organization, and when they deserve to be fired you urgently need their help to fix the thing they screwed up. It can also be difficult to fire somebody when they might be 20% of the staff.

The one person screwing it up also becomes a cancer to the other workers impacting their work by the frustration of the screw-up that doesn’t care and a owner/supervisor that won’t remove the screw-up.

To often, the screwup is a friend or relative of the business further adding to the frustration.

Family run businesses can be hit or miss. It is determined by the leader.

Buck now has 5 family members between him and Dana. Depending on their roles and work ethic, this could be a tender box.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Just got the CH plate delivered today I ordered on the 28th for my G48. Haven't opened it can mounted the optic, but so far, so good.
    Assuming this is for the RMRcc:

If you haven't already mounted it, can you take a side-by-side pic of the screws that attach the plate to the slide? When I did the comparison they looked to be of equal length so I'm curious just how much shorter it is.

If for the holosun, no need, although others may want to see.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    This doesn’t really address the biggest issue I had with them, which was the owners behavior towards his customers.

If the only way he can keep from being an asshole to customers is to hire someone else to handle those interactions, I’d still prefer to deal with someone else who doesn’t have that issue at all.
    As someone who, admittedly can be an asshole myself, I think this is just his default. I recall a podcast where he, without naming and names, basically bad mouthed the FCD plate and it’s designer. Now I personally think the current CHPWS plate is slightly superior to the FCD but both are superior to factory. The designer of the FCD is both a very talented engineer and a super nice dude.

Though I like CHPWS product the owner didn’t do himself any favors on the podcast IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    This doesn’t really address the biggest issue I had with them, which was the owners behavior towards his customers.

I’m glad they are trying to get better and I hope they do. I wouldn’t have an issue using one of their plates or products that could easily be replaced or removed if needed, but I’ll still avoid them for any custom work.

I will say I have never done business with them, but have seen this behavior several times from the owner on various boards and podcasts.

Makes someone actually NOT want to use their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Assuming this is for the RMRcc:

If you haven't already mounted it, can you take a side-by-side pic of the screws that attach the plate to the slide? When I did the comparison they looked to be of equal length so I'm curious just how much shorter it is.

If for the holosun, no need, although others may want to see.
    HOlosun 507K, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As someone who, admittedly can be an asshole myself, I think this is just his default. I recall a podcast where he, without naming and names, basically bad mouthed the FCD plate and it’s designer. Now I personally think the current CHPWS plate is slightly superior to the FCD but both are superior to factory. The designer of the FCD is both a very talented engineer and a super nice dude.

Though I like CHPWS product the owner didn’t do himself any favors on the podcast IMHO.
    What makes the CHPWS plate superior to the forward control design plates? FCD uses steel for their plates and seem to have very tight tolerances.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    What makes the CHPWS plate superior to the forward control design plates? FCD uses steel for their plates and seem to have very tight tolerances.
    primarily the extra thread engagement via the T posts which are now steel. The additional support front and rear is helpful as well.

Aluminum was a concern with the original all aluminum plates, especially with optics that require dismounting for battery changes but the current plates (both aluminum and polymer) use steel T posts which mount through the bottom. They address the issues of the earlier plates and are replaceable.

Just is still out on the polymer and steel “defender” plates but the V4 aluminum and steel plates have been well vetted.

The FCD is still far superior to the Factory Glock plates.

I did see that, and sent Buck an e-mail. Didn't call as I'm deaf and never learned to use the relay service provided for the deaf & hard of hearing.
    To update:

E-mail sent May 31, no word back.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Try a phone call. There are nine ways from Sunday that email can fail to get to where you want it.

I did see that, and sent Buck an e-mail. Didn't call as I'm deaf and never learned to use the relay service provided for the deaf & hard of hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Try a phone call. There are nine ways from Sunday that email can fail to get to where you want it.
    I'm guessing you missed this part.

User Tag List