Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: EDC perspective......

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In other words, you do you and you should emphasize gear choices that you are most competent, confident, and capable with.

For some folks (e.g., me), that means never worrying about concealment, because they chose a small pistol. In turn, they emphasize training with a small gun almost to the exclusion of larger guns to balance everything out. As a case in point, in the last month, I've done 2x a week of dryfire with my LCP for 8 total sessions and zero with any other pistol. I've done two sessions with a long gun to maintain familiarity with my home-defense weapon of choice.
    I am right there with you. 90% of my carry is with a G26, 10% with a S&W 642.

99% of my pistol training are with those two guns.. if it is your normal you don’t have a problem running it or a larger gun. The same cannot be said for the other way around.

I’ll say it until the end of time... you are the weapon. But, spending your paycheck is easier than putting in the work so there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    As a BUG at work, I'm currently using a Taurus TCP in a Nemesis, behind a Pocket Shield with my backup PT1L light clipped to it.

Attachment 71695

FYI, the Pocket Shield is on sale on the rcsgear site for $4.99 in coyote brown - https://rcsgear.com/pocket-shield-4

I just ordered two of them for $18 including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    FYI, the Pocket Shield is on sale on the rcsgear site for $4.99 in coyote brown - https://rcsgear.com/pocket-shield-4

Great minds and all that! I snagged two of them when they sent out the email...they are in the drawer awaiting future call-up. Irked me that shipping doubled the cost, but they were still a bargain from list price. If they are still available, I urge all P-Fers to snatch up one or more! Even if you don't have a use today, it will be "just the ticket" down the road.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Great minds and all that! I snagged two of them when they sent out the email...they are in the drawer awaiting future call-up. Irked me that shipping doubled the cost, but they were still a bargain from list price. If they are still available, I urge all P-Fers to snatch up one or more! Even if you don't have a use today, it will be "just the ticket" down the road.
    Dang it. $8 for shipping. Got two inbound.

If they are still available, I urge all P-Fers to snatch up one or more! Even if you don't have a use today, it will be "just the ticket" down the road.
    I've had these in-mind for a while, but forgot what they were called or who made them. Thanks to your post the limitations of my feeble brain were overcome!

I carry two small lights and a folding knife in my front pockets normally, with the addition of these I will be able to add a singe-stack mag and keep it all better organized for easier retrieval.

Looking forward to giving them a try!

Well, now I have two more pocket shields coming my way. I actually had been thinking of getting one or two more and creating 'sub-loadouts' for different purposes.

I have a few ideas as to what I will do with them, but I'll save that for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, now I have two more pocket shields coming my way. I actually had been thinking of getting one or two more and creating 'sub-loadouts' for different purposes.

I have a few ideas as to what I will do with them, but I'll save that for another thread.
    I’d be interested in that thread as I have a few dedicated ‘shields for the cargo /pants pockets I wear for work, depending on season and activity.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I need to take some photos, but the Pocket Shield works well. I can now carry an 8-round PPS mag and flashlight in a pocket very comfortably with good access.

My EDC "load out" continues to evolve, and is now better than ever in every regard: items carried, comfort and accessibility.

Site Supporter
    Do you find the Shield works well in regular blue jean pockets or,
    are they better better suited for larger pockets ?

Site Supporter
    Had to go to the doc and would end up in my underpants. So what to do? My 432 in a DeSantis pocket holster, a speed strip, a Delica and a small Surefire. Wore a jacket with zip pockets. When in the examination room, put the gadgets in the zipped pockets. After the exam, retrieved said items and put them back in my pants. Also had a small Sabre OC and a SWAT-T.

Usual EDC is a G26, a mag, Delica, Surefire, Sabre, SWAT-T. No problem in carrying with a floppy shirt cover garment. With the NYS mag limits, the bigger Glocks stay home.

User Tag List