Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC perspective......

EDC perspective......

I don't know the guy or subscribe to his channel. I happened upon this video and found it to be a refreshing perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD97MLdc-nk
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't know the guy or subscribe to his channel. I happened upon this video and found it to be a refreshing perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD97MLdc-nk
    Had to FF through good portions of that but, aside from the fact that I have a slicker watch on (Ares) and better belt (Mastermind/Graith/whatevertheyarenow), I’m pretty much there at the same finish line, myself.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

It was nice knowing you gents. I expect you might get kilt on the streets sometime in the next 50 years or so.

Or not.

Distinctly possible that I'm going to hop on the 9mm LCR bandwagon here in the near future.

But otherwise, a small gun (LCP), one spare mag, a pocket knife (UTX-85 or Invictus ATC), a Clinch Pick, a midget sap (sometimes), and a flashlight.

Of course COVID essentials are present too.

Far more important to my day-to-day life is an epipen and a first aid kit, which are staged in every vehicle, on each floor of the house, in the garage, and in my EDC bag. In fact, the only real reason to carry a bag anymore at all is for medical/preparedness gear, to hold water, and dog treats.

Name:  Screenshot_2020-11-05 RevolverRob ( revolverrob) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  49.7 KB

Site Supporter
    The KORE belt is very Meh

The is a place between a Glock 17 and a J Frame IMHO.

His core point re slimming stuff down on body is worth contemplating.

I carry a edc bag most days. If I have a bag, I have a way to stop serious exsanguination.
    I am not ever going to feel like a warm bucket of dog poop while somebody is bleeding out because the get me done pressure pad and TQ are not not doing the trick and EMS is 182 seconds away.

Odds v. Stakes

YMMV greatly
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Belt - Bobbed model 10 (2" if on foot, 4" if on bike), tiny fixed blade (bigger if going in the woods which is usually a Mora dropped over my head or puukko dangled on my belt), 2x2x2 pouch, and keys on an OC fob.

Pockets - Bandana, fathom of cordage, folding knife (usually slip-joint), thin flashlight, lighter, .22 LCR.

Neck - Tethered earplugs. They weigh nothing and are forever coming in handy.

Sometimes - Drop a speedloader in a pocket. A larger OC in a vest or jacket pocket. Swap the model 10 for a 67 if more inclined to shoot at critters in season.

Almost Never - NSA tracking device, wallet, baton (if I have room and am walking the dog on a proper trail so not often).

Well, to a significant degree, it looks like he built some straw men, in order to attack them. Handcuffs. Large-buckle Garrison belt. Collapsible batons. EMT scissors. Fantasy curvy blades. Overly-large FAK. I have never carried all of that crap, during personal time, and cannot remember any of my LEO colleagues who did so. (I did carry a real karambit, for a number of years. The karambit shown by this you-tuber was a consumer-level, fantasy, make-believe karambit.)

Some thoughts, in no specific order:

My ASP flashlight died rather quickly. I will not spend money on another one. I reckon this you-tuber got his as a freebie. It looked pristine; not a bit of wear on it.

Using an iPhone as a light is a quick way to drop or otherwise damage it, and it really runs-down the battery. I learned these things the hard way.

Airlite J-Snubs hurt. I aged-out of voluntarily pulling the trigger when holding S&W J Airweights, in 2002, when I bought my second SP101.

Round-butt J-Frames, are, realistically, past the point of diminishing returns, in my hands. OK for a hide-out weapon, to use at nasal spray range, but too small for me to use as a “primary” weapon. Others’ needs, and hand sizes, may vary.

His wallet is thicker than anything I have carried since, well, some time in the Eighties.

I finally had to stop the video.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Wow, I barely carried one third of that stuff when I was on duty and in uniform.

I'm a chef not a cop, so no thoughts of a baton or cuffs here! Still my EDC is lighter than his while being more capable. I usually carry a Malkoff MDC or Elzetta Alpha light but when those are too bulky i still have an 80 lumen AAA light. Since my shoulder surgery I've struggled to find a way to carry a real gun but it's hard to imagine an able-bodied person carrying an Airweght J-frame. The knife he carries is super heavy for just being a pedestrian design. And I love multi-tools but I can't imagine EDCing one daily in town. To anyone using their cell phone as a flashlight try using one to change a tire on a rainy or wintry day.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Distinctly possible that I'm going to hop on the 9mm LCR bandwagon here in the near future.

But otherwise, a small gun (LCP), one spare mag, a pocket knife (UTX-85 or Invictus ATC), a Clinch Pick, a midget sap (sometimes), and a flashlight.

Name:  Screenshot_2020-11-05 RevolverRob ( revolverrob) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  49.7 KB
    I can’t believe I am about to say this... I mean, I *really* can’t believe it, but: a bunch of your IL EDC will be non-kosher in your new digs. While I can legally tote a DDPDW, to say nothing of a G17, those saps and blades are frowned upon—even the CP, due to some lame ass case law from ‘09 or so involving a JV girl and a paring knife, pocket-carried in a ghetto rig, Ed Calderon-style.

I never thought I’d be in a position to say that IL gave you some privileges, but it appears that pigs have learned how to fly.

(As an aside, it’s not outside the realm of possibility for long-timers to have piles of exemplars of a lot of that stuff in the gun safe, just read the statutes twice before carrying once outside the home when you relocate. JMO).

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List