Thread: interstate firearm transfer without an ffl

interstate firearm transfer without an ffl

Question about transferring guns across state lines without involving an FFL.

I'm currently home visiting the folks. A few years ago I moved from AL to TX. As part of the move, I left behind a locked stack on gunsafe that only I have the key to in AL. I want to fly back to TX tomorrow with some of those guns.

Does this require an FFL? It's my understanding that no one ever took possession of those guns since I'm the only one that's ever had the key to the safe. Is that correct? These are still mine and were not "transferred" or "taken possession of" by the ATF's definition.

You are good to go... nothing was transferred, the only way that anyone can ever determine if something was actually transferred is for it to go through a FFL's A&D book and a trace to be initiated, which would just lead to a phone call to you..... maybe .Or for you to tell them that you gave ownership of the item to someone else, and why would you ever do that....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Go get 'em. They're your guns.

No transfer. Move them however you want state to state.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List