Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB

IWB

Hey I am interested in getting a IWB holster. I would like some opinions on what y'all have used and liked and disliked. I am a female so just keep that in mind. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghurd929 View Post
    Hey I am interested in getting a IWB holster. I would like some opinions on what y'all have used and liked and disliked. I am a female so just keep that in mind. Thanks
    You really need to tie it into what you wear and what your body shape is. Then there's the whole thing of what the gun is that you're trying to conceal.

I like my Milt Sparks VM2, but it needs a really baggy top that makes me look fat to cover it. If you usually wear a jacket, it's not as big of a deal. Hybrid holsters never worked well for me. Sensitive skin, never really liked kydex pressed against it all day.

I'm still waiting for mine, but oldfaithfulholsters.com seem really nice. They have a 50 year warranty and they have a 30 day money back guarantee that states if you don't like the holster they will refund your money and you can still keep the holster. That kind of product confidence intrigues me and also seems to make it a low risk option to try. They also have kits you can put together yourself to save some money on the deal. I am new to concealed carry so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I hope their holster will be as good as I think it will be.

My wife carries a Commander sized 1911 at about 4:00 using a Crossbreed Supertuck. Before I appendix carried, I went with a Comptac CTAC at 3:30 because I didn't care for all the leather against me that the Crossbreed has.

Last year I changed to appendix carry with a CCC Shaggy. AIWB requires another level of safety and awareness while hostering.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    My wife carries a Commander sized 1911 at about 4:00 using a Crossbreed Supertuck. Before I appendix carried, I went with a Comptac CTAC at 3:30 because I didn't care for all the leather against me that the Crossbreed has.

Last year I changed to appendix carry with a CCC Shaggy. AIWB requires another level of safety and awareness while hostering.
    Has she tried your shaggy? I'm curious how AIWB works with a skirt. Crossing legs, things poking out, stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Has she tried your shaggy? I'm curious how AIWB works with a skirt. Crossing legs, things poking out, stuff like that.
    She has not tried my Shaggy. My Shaggy is built for an HK P30 which is not reliable in her hands.

I believe one of her friends carries an M&P9c in an appendix holster and I can ask how she likes it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Has she tried your shaggy? I'm curious how AIWB works with a skirt.
    Ask Kathy Jackson; she's carried her G26 AIWB since before it had a cool tactical acronym.

(I got a Dark Star Gear AIWB J-frame holster, but getting me in a skirt would require someone to die or get married.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

My wife carries a G26 aiwb in either a Highnoon MrSofty or a Galco belly-band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

You really need to tie it into what you wear and what your body shape is. Then there's the whole thing of what the gun is that you're trying to conceal.

I like my Milt Sparks VM2, but it needs a really baggy top that makes me look fat to cover it. If you usually wear a jacket, it's not as big of a deal. Hybrid holsters never worked well for me. Sensitive skin, never really liked kydex pressed against it all day.
    Great, just great. Now when my wife starts carrying ill have to worry about how to answer the "Does this holster meek me look fat/my hips look big?" question.

It's every husband's Kobayashi Maru... And I can't even change the parameters of the test. <groan>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    Great, just great. Now when my wife starts carrying ill have to worry about how to answer the "Does this holster meek me look fat/my hips look big?" question.

It's every husband's Kobayashi Maru... And I can't even change the parameters of the test. <groan>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You could always cheat like Kirk did......

User Tag List