Thread: Cross draw AIWB? Descending Colon Carry?

Cross draw AIWB? Descending Colon Carry?

I took the AIWB workshop in OK this last fall, and have been experimenting with variations since. Moving the holster to left of midline (I'm a right handed shooter) is seeming like a good option to me. I find that the gun butt is even less likely to print, the draw stroke is similar to regular AIWB, and I have easier access to my right front pocket. It even makes access to other equipment easier, like when using a urinal. Finally, I think both comfort and access when driving are improved.

In keeping with the anatomical naming method, the best I can come up with is descendin colon or sigmoid colon carry, but neither one sounds right.

Has anyone else tried this? Am I missing some obvious drawback?

Rick
    Hope and change again? Really?

I have tried moving my aiwb holster to your position however I found that it printed more as the butt was pushed out more by my "not flat" stomach.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

This was actually a very popular means of carry a couple decades ago. Peter Kokalis was one of its biggest proponents. I actually bought one of Pete's holsters from him (Sparks Executive Companion) from a Fighting Firearms project gun when Peter got his custom made one set up for cross draw front appendix. This was used mostly with photo journalist vests and military styled jackets as cover garments.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Hmm, just realized my father must have been some kind of trailblazer, when he was plainclothes he carried cross-draw IWB with a Barami Hip Grip on his J-Frame...

(Actually, the Hip Grips were a late innovation, originally he used the old "rubber bands around the grips" trick.)

User Tag List