Thread: UPS Problems, Local phone # For UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA

UPS Problems, Local phone # For UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA

How do I get a local phone # for:
    UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA

UPS on line help isn't, , the 1 800 # not helpful.

Until recently we were happy with UPS service. It is out in the country and gate is 700 yards from house.

Past drivers delivered / picked up from the house at the end of the drive.

If the drivers left a package at the gate they hid it from the road behind a big rock. This was all good.

Recently packages and pick up notices have been left in plain sight at the gate in the rain.

IN SOME CASES PACKAGES WERE LEFT IN THE RAIN WITHOUT ANY PLASTIC BAG !

Nothing has been delivered / picked up from the house.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    1. A state and zip code would be most helpful

2. What happened when you tried the 1-800 would be most helpful so potentially non applicable advice is not repeated

3. What happened when you tried UPS on line would be most helpful so potentially non applicable advice is not repeated

4. What used to happen, what you want to happen, what is happening now and what will happen in the future made be 4 different things.
    USPS/UPS/Fedex/Amazon/DHS etc. are all evolving/changing in these COVID times

5. If the address to the place you list is a typical UPS delivery hub, there will be a customer service desk. It has been my experience that the folks who work at such desk are often long time UPS
    employees who used to work in the warehouse and/or drive a truck but can not longer do so day in day out for physical reasons. As such, they are often extremely knowledgeable and can solve
    most issues when given the chance
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

1. A state and zip code would be most helpful

2. What happened when you tried the 1-800 would be most helpful so potentially non applicable advice is not repeated

3. What happened when you tried UPS on line would be most helpful so potentially non applicable advice is not repeated

4. What used to happen, what you want to happen, what is happening now and what will happen in the future made be 4 different things.
    USPS/UPS/Fedex/Amazon/DHS etc. are all evolving/changing in these COVID times

5. If the address to the place you list is a typical UPS delivery hub, there will be a customer service desk. It has been my experience that the folks who work at such desk are often long time UPS
    employees who used to work in the warehouse and/or drive a truck but can not longer do so day in day out for physical reasons. As such, they are often extremely knowledgeable and can solve
    most issues when given the chance

---------------------------------------

Sorry, I forgot state and zip code.

UPS Problems, Local phone # For UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA SC 29172

How do I get a local phone # for:
    UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA

Customer service 1-800 kept wanting a tracking # and refusing to understand that this was a problem for many recent deliveries. Classic rote response whether applicable or not.

I cannot find a customer service # local to the UPS GROUND HUB 1782 OLD DUMBAR RD WEST COLUMBIA SC 29172.

I agree that if I could talk to the local customer service rep this would be easy to resolve.

Site Supporter
    I don't believe its published. Are you local?

I am a little north of Columbia, if I cannot get a local # I will have to either go by in person or try to complain to corporate.

I just want to see if this can be easily resolved. For 10 years at this location and was happy with UPS. At this point not getting good service at all. I tried for 2 hours today to find a solution and just got more pissed off.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I am a little north of Columbia, if I cannot get a local # I will have to either go by in person or try to complain to corporate.

I just want to see if this can be easily resolved. For 10 years at this location and was happy with UPS. At this point not getting good service at all. I tried for 2 hours today to find a solution and just got more pissed off.

Thanks.
    The gate 700 yards from your house and you spent 2 hours today and got more pissed off trying to find an easier solution than just stopping by in person the next time you leave the house to do another errand? Take a deep breath and just swing by the next time you’re out on a week day.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

UPS is an hour down the road each way near nothing I go to but going by may be the answer.

I took a deep breath, problem remains. Going there is an hour each way which is why I wanted to do it online or on phone.

Of course a local phone # would help.

At this point I am not so much pissed off as disgusted.
    Last edited by 1slow; 05-08-2021 at 10:52 PM.

User Tag List