Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot to Incapacitate

Site Supporter
    Dr. Oakley wields a wicked tranquilizer gun but points out that the needle doesn't always stick or inject. Like that show. Also, the musk ox run around quite a bit before going down.

Anyway, the proponents of this technique of leg shooting might watch the interview with the female NYPD officer who helps that little 4 year old with a TQ and sprint to to the ambulance. She pointed out in an interview that leg shots were very dangerous due to the blood vessels that could quickly bleed you out.

Long ago (1960s) an experimenter at Emory tried a tranquilizer dart on a human. Probably a grad student.
    They set the subject up on an exercise bicycle and instrumented him for EEG, ECG and respiration.
    When he got going good, they popped him with an animal tranquilizer dart loaded with dope calibrated to his body mass.
    It was 45 minutes before he passed out and fell off the cycle.

Have we developed faster acting drugs with a lot of safe working range of dosage? Not that I have heard of.

I am surprised that nobody has suggested that the author of the Shoot to Incapacitate theory demonstrate it with Simunitions on a live target attacking, fleeing, or just jiving around threateningly.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 05-11-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Maybe this along with the tranquilizer gun...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Have you seen the typical needle on most livestock tranquilizer darts? Nasty. (My former company, now a consulting client, makes the dart bodies for the company that has the highest volume on the market).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shoot to Incapacitate? Heck, the next thing we know our police will be asked to shoot people only in the hand. Really, what's so hard about that?

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

This is the future - unfortunately

Look guys you can fight this on the interwebs, forums or even in your local LE departments, stations and meeting places.
    BUT shooting to incapacitate WILL BE the policy for LE in the future unless the Federal Case Law changes

You think that Gropey Biden was an idiot when he said "just shoot him in the leg". He's not kidding. His Justice Department IS NOT KIDDING.

Shooting people by LE is not going to be tolerated. (for the record I don't agree with this but...)

The problem noticed by Legal types is there are too many seemingly questionable shootings by LE under the color of "I performed (killed a perp) according to my training".
    M'kay hows about we make it where if you kill someone the wrongful death law suit will cost your department and the city MILLIONS and on top of that you will face likely criminal liability in a Federal Court?
    Would that change the state of things? Yep just look at Minneapolis.

This is FEDERAL CASE LAW folks. It's already happening. Civil liabilities for police involved shootings are going into the 10s of millions. No city can take that. NOT ONE
    So LE will be trained so that Shooting Perps and Killing Perps happens less frequently. So that Legal Liability costs will hopefully go down.

This WILL HAPPEN. Yes all LE should reconsider their risks in light of basically telling the Criminals that the PoPo is taught not to shoot to kill now.

This is why Qualified Immunity is crumbling across the country. In the face of counter Federal Case Rulings, there is an extreme bias NOT to ever grant or uphold Immunity.
    This trend, that has been going on for decades... should be a clue to everyone. I missed it because I didn't realize until recently where this Tidal Wave of Federal interference is coming from.

Our only hope is to have the US Congress and President pass a law to rework the Qualified Immunity Legal structure. Something like if you are a convicted Felon your family gets no money if a cop Caps your a$$ would be nice.
    But short of that or a Supreme Court ruling that overrules the current state of Liability for Police. LE across the country will be taught to be less lethal increasing their risks markedly.

I think this will be somewhat like gun control legislation. Start with what you think you can get away with, and then eat away at it further. I say, let's just skip the intermediate stuff and go to the 2024 version now and be done with it.

Name:  mptc-ll_N.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  27.1 KB

(Please excuse the crappy artwork)

Heck, let's do this right and just equip everyone with these long plastic batons

Name:  3-227x300.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  14.2 KB

What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And Rhodesian bush war shorts. That would be awesome.

Then we can start watching "Wild Kingdom" again. I'm sure Mutual of Omaha would underwrite a show targeting the tranquilizing and capture of man's deadliest foes in the urban wilds.
    I am going to stay in the Jeep while Jim takes down that criminal...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Remember a topic awhile ago, where I said when I was taking my TX CHL test, some dude said I shot too well and should miss some because I would be asked if I were just a good shot, why didn't I shoot him in the knee, etc. The dude said he knew this because he was a sniper! I thought he was full of it until some officers posted that they heard the same advice on qualifications.

I also suggest that the hypodermic dart guns have J and J vaccine added to them. In fact, build one of those Chinese multiple arrow launchers and stoke it with darts containing tranquilizers and J and J. Use it for marching crowd control.

BTW, USPSA types - the turtle targets contribute to this nice gun mindset. Flame on!

The Mancatcher

Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List