Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot to Incapacitate

When something needs to be shot, then shoot it until it stops needing to be shot. The guys in blue have my 100% backing on this.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Touché!
    The word you were looking for was "Douche."

Using a lethal weapon as a LL weapon is incredibly stupid. Whoever decided to use this target to train that way is completely ignorant of anatomy and the risks in the "green zone." That's presuming they only shoot at someone facing them. If the suspect is turned partially or fully, it gets even worse.

I am truly sad that they didn't make the No No Square some other color to remind officers not to shoot guys in the dick.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    This seems relevant. Knife dude gets shot in leg then lands a lethal stab on the officer as officer shoots him some more.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    The word you were looking for was "Douche."
    Douché?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

As soon as this starts, every lethal encounter story/investigation/riot/law suite will start with 'why didn't you shoot to incapacitate?'

Given the woeful hit to miss ratio it seems pointless anyway.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

"I was shooting to incapacitate, tragically my aim was off and I hit Mr. Shady in the heart, and then in the head as he was falling. Sorry about that."

Site Supporter
    Recall this comment in the NY Times in the Chauvin discussion:

Tricia Ridgeway PhD
    Salem, VA
    April 22

I grew up on a small farm in far south Texas, an area where many transits from Mexico traveled constantly. Even as a small girl, my father taught me how to shoot to protect myself or my family from violent intruders. There was target practice, lessons in gun maintenance, and the essential lessons on gun safety. Neither he nor I ever practiced with the guns to shoot for ensuring the death of the offending intruder. Rather, he taught me how to take a man down, by shooting a knee out, or a shoulder. I have never understood why so many police officers always shoot for the heart or head instead. Why do they insist on killing rather than maiming, when wounding a person allows for the preservation of life?
    I get asked about shoulders and knees by untrained folks. Most usually understand. I wouldn't work on such a policy.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Recall this comment in the NY Times in the Chauvin discussion:

There are few things in the world that make my eyes roll back into my head more that the "urban/suburban inhabitant who grew up on a farm or had a grand daddy who would take them shooting" that believe this experience makes them a firearms or use of force expert.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-08-2021 at 09:52 AM.

The silver lining is that the dick is a more acceptable target than COM so it should stop some poor breeding.....

User Tag List