Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot to Incapacitate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Yes, but I don't know how to get the little ' above the e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    alt + 130 = é

My last year teaching French was 2006, I'm surprised I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    alt + 130 = é

My last year teaching French was 2006, I'm surprised I remembered.
    Maybe instead of jellyfish, Prevagen should use frogs...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Haven't the courts already decided that: if you're thinking about shooting to wound, the situation is not serious enought to be shooting AT ALL?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am waiting for the inevitable civil lawsuit where the plaintiff's complaint is law enforcement officers did not intervene in a crime-in-progress, allowing a criminal to take the life of a loved one. Because that is where this all ends.
    And then charging and sentencing a citizen who legally defends their family or themselves to life in prison...

Yeah boy, the paper pushers have some great ideas don't they? How would this theory have worked out recently in the situation of the poor dear who was trying to kill the girl w/ the kitchen knife? Incapacitate 'might' be possible if the weapon is a knife or other cutting instrument that can't be thrown and the distance is greater than say 20 ft. If the bad one has any kind of firearm, I want them shot till they stop moving. We have all seen/read about plenty of instances w/ the bad one on drugs who managed to keep going even after absorbing multiple hits. One other problem I see w/ this stupid idea is that I suspect that the more of these incapacitating shots that are attempted, the more there will be innocent bystanders shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Thanks for the link. I can't seem to find the alt key on my Kindle but will use the decoder ring on my PC. You learn something every day and this lesson wasn't even painful!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Thanks for the link. I can't seem to find the alt key on my Kindle but will use the decoder ring on my PC. You learn something every day and this lesson wasn't even painful!
    If there's an option for the English-International keyboard on the Kindle, that's another possibility. There you hit the apostrophe and then the vowel and you get the acute accent, like this: é.

Or you do what I do...look up the word in google, and then copy and paste it with the fancy ass accent mark.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    This is a terrible, terrible idea.
    Watching someone scream in pain and absolute terror until they bleed out from a shattered femur and/or sliced femoral will certainly make for some provocative bodycam and cellphone video.

Site Supporter
    That's a good point. The need to provide aid accelerates and a death from an attempt to wound is a legal nightmare. Multiple shots into the shoulder or leg will severely cripple and mutilate someone, or will it be limited in number of shots also?

User Tag List