Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot to Incapacitate

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I thought that was going to be this. (Even more NSFW than your link.)

No doubt related to the cyber attack that shut down the east coast oil and gas line this weekend.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I thought that was going to be this. (Even more NSFW than your link.)
    "Foremost Rapist Identified" was the cherry on top.

If my agency cared so little about my life I’d find another agency to work at. You want me to shoot to wound someone who’s trying to kill me. Thanks no thanks.

I’ve seen several people die from being shot once in the lower abdomen. The pelvic girdle is the alternate target in a drug armor drill. I was trained to pound it multiple times to get a stop. It’s more than likely a fatal wound.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am waiting for the inevitable civil lawsuit where the plaintiff's complaint is law enforcement officers did not intervene in a crime-in-progress, allowing a criminal to take the life of a loved one. Because that is where this all ends.
    Didn't Warren v. District of Columbia sort that all out?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That looks like the target we use to train 40mm less lethal munitions.
    That is 100% the MAMPTC-LLT Less Lethal training target from Action Target. The fact that this anacephalic chief is using it as a deadly force target....Jesus Christ. I don't have the words. I may not make it another year in this job. I'm sure some jackass out here has seen this and thinks it's the bees knees.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Deleted. Double post

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    That is 100% the MAMPTC-LLT Less Lethal training target from Action Target. The fact that this anacephalic chief is using it as a deadly force target....Jesus Christ. I don't have the words. I may not make it another year in this job. I'm sure some jackass out here has seen this and thinks it's the bees knees.
    Do you have enough leave or sick time to retire-in-place?

'Cause if so, it's your time, you earned it...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you have enough leave or sick time to retire-in-place?

'Cause if so, it's your time, you earned it...
    As of right now, the only reason I stay is a sense of moral responsibility to move our training curriculum in the right direction. We're creating our POST mandated Perishable Skills Program right now. There's a lot of push to make it a "Check the Box" bullshit program that will shortchanged our officers. In this day and age, that is completely morally indefensible, and I've been saying so loudly. Also putting it in writing, which annoys the folks who don't want to have to do the right thing.

The moment I get directed, over my written objections, to do something like this......its gonna be," Carry me sick with pay for the next 10 months. Oh, and go fuck yourself".

I have told the other folks in this decision tree that one day soon, the music is gonna stop. And I'm gonna have a seat. And it's likely gonna be at the plaintiffs table with a stack of documentation.

Site Supporter
    This is leading to disarming police on this basis. They shoot when they should not, and if they don't have guns, they can't shoot.

User Tag List