Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA Language on retirement ID

LEOSA Language on retirement ID

Looking for language on retirement IDs to show they’re LEOSA covered. Anyone care to share?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

"The bearer of this credential is a (qualified LEO/qualified retired LEO) as defined by 18 USC 926 (B/C)"
    "(Name) is verified eligible for the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA)"
    "LEOSA Eligible - CCW Exempt"

Have also seen something like, "to verify credential and qualification status contact ORI#...".

Some are really wordy and some folks have multi-piece cred packets. If crafting your own, keep it simple.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

My agency issues two creds, one when you retire and another for LEOSA. You get the first when you retire and it's a one off. The second is a yearly issue. They look identical, except the first says "KHP Retired" on the top, the second states, "KHP CCW HR. 218" and includes a expiration date on the front. Both are photo IDs.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    My agency issues two creds, one when you retire and another for LEOSA. You get the first when you retire and it's a one off. The second is a yearly issue. They look identical, except the first says "KHP Retired" on the top, the second states, "KHP CCW HR. 218" and includes a expiration date on the front. Both are photo IDs.
    Very similar here. The annual LEOSA card is identical to our (non-expiring) retired ID on the front, while the back has the LEOSA expiration date.

Site Supporter
    We borrowed the language on the back of DOD card and changed the contact info to our PSAP & ORI

Name:  IAEiKPK.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  37.8 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

I just retired from the Federal Bureau of Prisons. We were issued the same DOJ/FBOP ID as before. The only difference is the retired one states "Retired Law Enforcement Officer" Where the other one stated "Law Enforcement Officer" Neither had an expiration date.

As far as firearms qualification. We qualify through a local Sheriff's Department that does courtesy Retired LEOSA quals and issues us a card.

Thanks everyone. Gave me some good ideas. Gonna end up going with the 2 card (ID and separate qual card) system.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Thanks everyone. Gave me some good ideas. Gonna end up going with the 2 card (ID and separate qual card) system.
    Best method. I’ve had several retirees stop qualifying after a few years. Saves on re-issuing credentials.

We do the two card system although the second card is just a business card sized qualification card. That way we can fill it out for the retiree at the range and they aren't stuck waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    We do the two card system although the second card is just a business card sized qualification card. That way we can fill it out for the retiree at the range and they aren't stuck waiting.
    That's how my retiring agency did mine, too. I really appreciate the convenience of being on my way in less than 30 minutes.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List