Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm mostly unfamiliar. I remember there being popular(?) displeasure with the Texas Rangers and them being disbanded, only to get called back to service when the good idea fairy didn't turn out the way they had hoped re: disbanding effective law enforcement.

Can you explain further for those of us unfamiliar with the specifics?
    From the Texas Ranger Division Wiki article:
    The breakdown of law and order on the Mexican side of the border, coupled with the lack of federal military forces, meant the Rangers were once again called upon to restore and maintain law and order, by any necessary means, which again led to excesses. However, the situation necessitated the appointment of hundreds of new special Rangers by the state, which neglected to carefully screen aspiring members. The Rangers were responsible for several incidents, ending in the January 28, 1918 massacre of the male population[23] (15 Mexican men and boys ranging in age from 16 to 72 years) of the tiny community of Porvenir, Texas, on the Mexican border in western Presidio County. Before the decade was over, thousands of lives were lost, Texans and Mexicans alike. In January 1919, an investigation launched by Texas lawmaker José Tomás Canales found that from 300 to 5,000 people, mostly of Hispanic descent, had been killed by Rangers from 1910 to 1919, and that members of the Rangers had been involved in many acts of brutality and injustice.[24] The Rangers were reformed by a resolution of the Legislature in 1919, which saw the special Ranger groups disbanded and a complaints system instituted.[25]
    The Great Depression forced both the federal and state governments to cut down on personnel and funding of their organizations, and the number of commissioned officers was reduced to 45, with the only means of transportation afforded to Rangers being free railroad passes or using their personal horses. The agency was again damaged after supporting Governor Ross Sterling in his re-election campaign—after his opponent Miriam Amanda "Ma" Ferguson won, she proceeded to discharge all serving Rangers in 1933.
    There's a bit more in the article, and a whole lot more in the book- which is pretty highly recommended.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And that, my friends, should be sufficient proof why pursuing a PhD is still relevant in today's society.

(And let's not forget those kneecaps.)
    Eh, just trying to take something pragmatic and optimistic from this thread. And all I could get was, "Well, it lets me know exactly what I need to prioritize in training."

I tend to agree with most of the sentiments expressed here. Having witnessed some of this shit fairly close first hand, I think the idea of getting your cowboy on with an AR is probably not very realistic. For a whole host of reasons. And never get out of the car.

That said, I do not think these ANTIFA punks are true believers. And if you're forced to put it to the test, find the lead agitator and put them down with authority and see if any of the other punks have the balls to follow up on their threats of violence.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I've spent a fair amount of time around folks like these pussies and they're real tough in a crowd, and real wimps in a fight. Armed with an rifle and a bunch of friends they're intimidating. But I bet they think twice when their buddy eats a bullet and his brains are leaking into his cut rate ballistic helmet.

Maybe I'm wrong but a gun fight between these types and citizens isn't going to be helping their optics and message.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    'Cause I think we're about 1 or 2 bad incidents away from that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

And I agree, we're a handful of these unjust and railroaded prosecutions away.
    We’re not there yet, but when we hit that handful of bad incidents/selective prosecutions, it will inevitably turn into a high profile L-shaped event. I don’t think anyone wants to see that. We need to get back to a place where the police can isolate and pick up protestors who block roads with plate rigs and arms after the fact, and bury them in a cell for a few years. Otherwise, we will get what we get; it’s just a matter of time.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Eh, just trying to take something pragmatic and optimistic from this thread. And all I could get was, "Well, it lets me know exactly what I need to prioritize in training."

I tend to agree with most of the sentiments expressed here. Having witnessed some of this shit fairly close first hand, I think the idea of getting your cowboy on with an AR is probably not very realistic. For a whole host of reasons. And never get out of the car.

That said, I do not think these ANTIFA punks are true believers. And if you're forced to put it to the test, find the lead agitator and put them down with authority and see if any of the other punks have the balls to follow up on their threats of violence.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I've spent a fair amount of time around folks like these pussies and they're real tough in a crowd, and real wimps in a fight. Armed with an rifle and a bunch of friends they're intimidating. But I bet they think twice when their buddy eats a bullet and his brains are leaking into his cut rate ballistic helmet.

Maybe I'm wrong but a gun fight between these types and citizens isn't going to be helping their optics and message.
    These are BLM thugs. Antifa is just along for the ride on this one. They are rioting about the death of a gang member who had just shot two people. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the armed individuals actually have some experience with violent confrontations involving firearms.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-11-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

Kenosha kid was followed and assaulted by a crowd of mostly unarmed and some armed folks right after splattering the most aggressive one's brain on the pavement when he tried to disarm him.

Again, Kenosha kid. Did anyone give a shit who instigated the gun fight? Did a large amount of citizenry suddenly turn their back on BLM? I saw no such effect.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Did a large amount of citizenry suddenly turn their back on BLM? I saw no such effect.
    Indeed.

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”
    -Jonathan Swift
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Kenosha kid was followed and assaulted by a crowd of mostly unarmed and some armed folks right after splattering the most aggressive one's brain on the pavement when he tried to disarm him.
    But he wasn't disarmed or killed.

Again, Kenosha kid. Did anyone give a shit who instigated the gun fight? Did a large amount of citizenry suddenly turn their back on BLM? I saw no such effect.
    Rittenhouse had no business being there. And the narrative surrounding him AND his actions before and since make it non-comparable in many senses.

A better example would be the guy who shot someone in Seattle who was trying to climb into his window. Have we heard about him since? Not really.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    But he wasn't disarmed or killed.
    You're missing the point. You said these types of people don't have the balls, especially when their buddies get splattered. Here's a nationally famous instance where that's clearly not the case. You're parlaying an assumption on par with "hit the biggest bully in the schoolyard and no one will mess with you." It sounds like wishcasting.

Rittenhouse had no business being there. And the narrative surrounding him AND his actions before and since make it non-comparable in many senses.

A better example would be the guy who shot someone in Seattle who was trying to climb into his window. Have we heard about him since? Not really.
    Rittenhouse had no business being there, but neither did anyone who was out there.

I've never heard of the Seattle guy at all.

But, that's getting away from the focal point; You hypothesized that gunfights between these types and citizens isn't going to be helping their optics. And I'm telling you I haven't seen any evidence that support for BLM amongst on the fence normies has taken a hit as a result. If you got some such evidence, I'd love to see it.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    I think the Seattle guy is still facing a first degree assault charge.

Looks like he is not in the King County Jail anymore, anyway.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/gunman-...degree-assault

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I think the Seattle guy is still facing a first degree assault charge.

Looks like he is not in the King County Jail anymore, anyway.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/gunman-...degree-assault
    Jumping through a car window at 40-50 mph ought to qualify as an Olympic event.

User Tag List