Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

The line for when it stops being open carry and starts being something like brandishing or menacing is not well defined (AFAIK) and now we're seeing more people using that to their advantage.
    So in my state what happened would most assuredly by a Simple Assault. Here's the code:

(1)(a) A person is guilty of simple assault if he (i) attempts to cause or purposely, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;  (ii) negligently causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon or other means likely to produce death or serious bodily harm;  or (iii) attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily harm;  and, upon conviction, he shall be punished by a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six (6) months, or both.

https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-9...ct-97-3-7.html

That's the line here and it's not vague at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I prefer to dominate the high ground.
    Castle doctrine?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Castle doctrine?
    Let's not.

This shit is disturbing enough that I don't want to joke about it. (And I'm not running a fever.) Mark your calendars.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Castle doctrine?
    Castle?
    @blues has a castle? And a moat? I always wondered about him.
    Bonus street credz for having archers on the wall.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    While I could be wrong (but not about barbecue) I thought he had the pistol out before rifle guy (or someone) starts shouting. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: at 18 seconds I hear "he's got a gun" and then all the movement starts and camera pans. Again I could be wrong though as tinnitis messes with my hearing.

Also at 29 seconds they are saying to put his gun down.

At 20 seconds in, green body armor is at low ready before the guy in the truck even stops. Edit, I forgot to submit the post and was beat up above.

Site Supporter
    Castle doctrine?
    For some reason I can't help but imagine @blues on his roof, in an easy chair with a pith helmet and a modest pour of whiskey, with one of these set up in front of him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Here is another video from Portland with some protesters marching down both sides of the street with cars leading their column. They treat any people caught in the street who try to drive slowly around them as though those people are the enemy. They smash their windows, flatten their tires, surround the cars with guns pointing at them and demand that they turn their car off and exit the vehicle. If you look at the video at just about the 50 second point you hear what sounds like a gunshot and see what appears to be the empty case from a pistol round eject into the gutter. I could be wrong about the gunshot and ejected case.

And again this doesn't look to me like a right wing crazy trying to drive through protesters to make a political point. This dude looks panicked and shit scared. An average person.

I don't have a pith helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't have a pith helmet.
    @JHC does, with a fracking cool backstory.
    I'll buy you one for your birthday, if you wish.
    The ultimate gentlemanly accoutrement.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    @JHC does, with a fracking cool backstory.
    I'll buy you one for your birthday, if you wish.
    The ultimate gentlemanly accoutrement.
    You lost me at gentlemanly. I don't own "slacks" either.

User Tag List