Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm not saying the truck dude should have pulled a pistol or pulled over and started shit talking.

What I'm saying is this: Is this the America we accept now? Is it okay for any group, left or right wing, to disrupt the actions of an average citizen's daily life through threat of force and openly carried firearms while the entire legal system just steps out of the way and allows them to not be held accountable?

That's a level of lawlessness that's usually only seen in lesser developed nations, not the United States of America.
    Open carry of firearms is legal in many states. Texas is on the cusp of doing away with the need for licensing the carry of firearms.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Open carry of firearms is legal in many states. Texas is on the cusp of doing away with the need for licensing the carry of firearms.
    I think you’re deliberately missing the point, @Zincwarrior.

What @SouthNarc said was “ Is it okay for any group, left or right wing, to disrupt the actions of an average citizen's daily life through threat of force and openly carried firearms...”

The bolded parts are not protected rights in any state. The legality of carrying firearms is not relevant to the objectionable part of this behavior.

I'm aware that it's legal to openly carry/hold a gun in many states. I have zero problems with anyone doing that until you're blocking my vehicle, shouting obscenities, unslinging your rifle, mounting it on your shoulder and approaching me in a low ready.

I'm aware that it's legal to openly carry/hold a gun in many states. I have zero problems with anyone doing that until you're blocking my vehicle, shouting obscenities, unslinging your rifle, mounting it on your shoulder and approaching me in a low ready.
    Homeboy pulled his pistol first. If you pull it you better be ready for what happens when you pull it, and pulling it because some people are walking down the street sounds a lot more like a crime on your part, and something engendering a legal self defense claim by those walking.

I've seen far bigger crowds wandering around bar crawling in any college town. Usually when someone pulls a gun on them they are the ones wanted by the police.

Perspective is important in any potential lethal use scenario.

Is it okay for any group, left or right wing, to disrupt the actions of an average citizen's daily life through threat of force and openly carried firearms
    MMM where have I heard this before?

You left out the part with all the cell phone cameras pointed at you, ready to record you attempting to gun down the "mostly peaceful" freedom marchers who had stopped to engage you in pleasant conversation. Their edited version will be on Twitter and the MSM before you get done with the local PD.

Any other media that shows you in a favorable light may never see the light of day.
    It's a fucking trap, and their getting pretty good at it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I would have loved to see the old meat eaters of the NYPD TPF let loose on these fucking douchenozzles.

If they come to my little holler, I'll be makin' like a rooftop Korean.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Homeboy pulled his pistol first. If you pull it you better be ready for what happens when you pull it, and pulling it because some people are walking down the street sounds a lot more like a crime on your part, and something engendering a legal self defense claim by those walking.

I've seen far bigger crowds wandering around bar crawling in any college town. Usually when someone pulls a gun on them they are the ones wanted by the police.

Perspective is important in any potential lethal use scenario.

MMM where have I heard this before?
    Not sure what video you watched, but I see at least one of those 'peaceful protestors' shoulder his rifle in low ready in a firing stance squared up on that old guy before he pulled his pistol out.
    I'm not excusing the stupidity of old pistol guy prior to that, but this wasn't a crowd of college bar crawlers, these were guys with rifles and openly worn plate carriers. Comparing the two is preposterous.

Korean...meat eaters...forced to eat salad for lunch...

mmm...Korean barbecue...now so hungry!

To wvincent's point though, isn't that exactly what they are hoping for?

Site Supporter

To wvincent's point though, isn't that exactly what they are hoping for?
    Yes, exactly as I mentioned in post 12 of this thread.
    And again, what I fear is what comes after they catch the wrong old guy on the wrong day, and *really* get something to tweet about. None of that ends well for anyone, let alone us, in the current admin/political/legal structure of this country.

I really wonder about you sometimes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List