Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Did he? Or was he trying to make use of a public thoroughfare? The kind designed for use by automobiles.
    So, was he blocking the marchers, or were the marchers blocking him?

I’m not saying he responded well to the situation. After “negotiating” with the protesters, and being allowed to pass through, he should’ve continued on his way. And perhaps called the police to report being threatened by several young men with long guns while trying to drive down his neighborhood street.
    That's the point of these marches. To deny access and intimidate people who won't recognize their agenda. If they were interested in other peoples rights they would hold the demonstrations in a public park. Portland has 279 parks, more than most cities of the same size. What happens when people just start driving thru these illegal demonstrations without stopping. More than likely they end up being shot. How's that for being able to use a public street for it's intended purpose? But then, it's Portland. I know people who live there. It isn't Kansas City or even Denver.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-07-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Here is a more complete video of it.

Dude did nothing wrong driving down a public street not knowing it was gonna be blocked by march.

That's pretty much the only thing he didn't do wrong.

Not absolving the marchers nor PPD for doing nothing about them, but the guy reacted like a complete fucking idiot.

It looks to me more like he pulled that pistol out to flash it to the crowd and intimidate them out of the way, rather than to actually defend himself.

Well guess what, they're not intimidated. Now what?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

There needs to be a fleet of dudes who keep the snowplows on their pickups year round.

Seeing all the fat, man-bun sporting neckbeards sailing through the air would get me to contribute to their legal defense fund.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I'm not saying the truck dude should have pulled a pistol or pulled over and started shit talking.

What I'm saying is this: Is this the America we accept now? Is it okay for any group, left or right wing, to disrupt the actions of an average citizen's daily life through threat of force and openly carried firearms while the entire legal system just steps out of the way and allows them to not be held accountable?

That's a level of lawlessness that's usually only seen in lesser developed nations, not the United States of America.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm not saying the truck dude should have pulled a pistol or pulled over and started shit talking.

What I'm saying is this: Is this the America we accept now? Is it okay for any group, left or right wing, to disrupt the actions of an average citizen's daily life through threat of force and openly carried firearms while the entire legal system just steps out of the way and allows them to not be held accountable?

That's a level of lawlessness that's usually only seen in lesser developed nations, not the United States of America.
    I fully agree with you, and support your concern. I’m appalled to see this happening anywhere in America.

Apparently, this is the Portland that Portlanders accept now. Maybe as it plays out, they’ll change their minds. Or vote with their feet.

THIS !!!

We're shifting to a parallel society where this kind of behavior is tolerated in some areas given certain conditions are met, usually the death of a minority at the hands of the police but really anything that meets the shifting criteria of 'your mind is telling you this is wrong, but let us tell you why it's OK'.

If we can sort out the banking issue I'm ok with it. Unfortunately I still have to work in the other society on occasion, but that's my choice. It's preferable to Balkanization or open civil conflict.

Site Supporter
    Do you intimidate a group of folks with body armor, ARs and a cause? Maybe in an Abrams. The claims of intimidation we see in the DGU discussions are usually economically motivated criminals. As our LEOs state, many crazies ignore or are in 'bring it on' mode. Kyle Ritthenhouse didn't intimidate folks as has been pointed out.

Gramps here or Pink Panks Baldy are going to lead to a wave of gunfire. Then watch the moral panic for gun bans.

The inability of city governments to get control of their streets is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Do you intimidate a group of folks with body armor, ARs and a cause? Maybe in an Abrams. The claims of intimidation we see in the DGU discussions are usually economically motivated criminals. As our LEOs state, many crazies ignore or are in 'bring it on' mode. Kyle Ritthenhouse didn't intimidate folks as has been pointed out.

Gramps here or Pink Panks Baldy are going to lead to a wave of gunfire. Then watch the moral panic for gun bans.

The unwillingness of city governments to get control of their streets is inexcusable.
    I don't normally play the FIFY game, but I did in this case.

This current situation didn't develop overnight, and neither will the cure.
    Although we might win a street skirmish or two, the true battle will have to be won at the ballot box.
    I look at the recall movement for Newsome in CA as just the beginning of something larger that will/should occur.

I'm sure a lot of Portlandiers thought rioting at the Federal Courthouse was kinda ok, mainly cause TRUMP.
    Now that the election is over, and they may not be able to traverse their city in safety, they may be getting close to "ENOUGH!"
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

The inability of city governments to get control of their streets is inexcusable.
    Your point is well made Glenn. I don't believe that a single "average" gun owner could use a handgun to intimidate these groups.

User Tag List