Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I wonder how the Portland business community is doing in the area(s) where these marches are occurring. I would hate to be trying to operate a small business of any kind that required foot traffic in areas where these protests occur.
    Portland business community and hipsters are getting exactly what they want and deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    ... Does anyone in the world think that the problem here is with those people walking around with long guns?
    I believe that sentiment has been posted in this thread.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    "The state lege has made their decision, now let them enforce it.”

John and Jane Suburb are going to see this shit on the news and they're going to see Guns Behaving Badly. The political affiliation of the people doing it also won't matter. That's going to translate to votes.
    This is a good point.

The cynic in me says John and Jane suburb are already on the 'defund the police' bandwagon though. At the least they are going to be conflicted until CNN or MSNBC tell them how to think.

What will push them over the edge as you point out is if there is further escalation. Say, large groups of lifted F250s, with front bumper armor that are turned into technicals, and intentionally engage these kinds of left wing groups.

I hold the belief that these people are not principled protestors of any sort, but rather this is part of a core of paid anarchists. They have been around for at least a decade, their big nest is up there in the Portland/Eugene neck of the woods, they are paid though a series of cut out organizations funded by radical rich men like Soros, Steyr, and others. The people in this group have no other means of financial support other than unemployment and stimulus checks and what they get paid regularly from the cutout dark money network in many cases. These thugs are not regular old citizens who's conscience drove them into the street.

Their mission is to sow chaos and division in the long goal of radical societal change and advance some sort of statist utopia those rich radicals want.

Their communications are good, their tactics are well thought out, and they are mobile. However the politicized DOJ is not going to be after them any time soon. A mercenary army is now effectively operating on our soil and nobody is doing anything visibly about it.

They have chosen AO's where there will be little opposition from the weak leftist run governments at the city and state level. Where could it get better for them than Oregon/Portland/Multnomah Co., to insure nobody is doing any serious police work or prosecutions to take them down. Washington/Seattle/King Co. would be another example of a safe AO.

Site Supporter
    It'll be interesting to see how gun control plays out.

Looks like alot of stimmy checks went to purchasing arms.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I hold the belief that these people are not principled protestors of any sort, but rather this is part of a core of paid anarchists. They have been around for at least a decade, their big nest is up there in the Portland/Eugene neck of the woods, they are paid though a series of cut out organizations funded by radical rich men like Soros, Steyr, and others. The people in this group have no other means of financial support other than unemployment and stimulus checks and what they get paid regularly from the cutout dark money network in many cases. These thugs are not regular old citizens who's conscience drove them into the street.

Their mission is to sow chaos and division in the long goal of radical societal change and advance some sort of statist utopia those rich radicals want.

Their communications are good, their tactics are well thought out, and they are mobile. However the politicized DOJ is not going to be after them any time soon. A mercenary army is now effectively operating on our soil and nobody is doing anything visibly about it.

They have chosen AO's where there will be little opposition from the weak leftist run governments at the city and state level. Where could it get better for them than Oregon/Portland/Multnomah Co., to insure nobody is doing any serious police work or prosecutions to take them down. Washington/Seattle/King Co. would be another example of a safe AO.
    You are wrong. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I believe that sentiment has been posted in this thread.
    Perhaps by peterb and jetfire? I'm hoping I misunderstand the point they're trying to make. Seems like any sane person easily recognizes that this was a confrontational mob threatening people, not a bunch of people merely walking around with long guns.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Trust me.
    I don't.

They may have a substantial number of useful idiots following them, the organizers are not what they purport to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but my guess is something like well over half of the people in Portland support the general causes of these marching groups of thugs.
    You don’t have to guess. The voting numbers (eg. 76 percent of the vote going for Antifa sympathizer DA Mike Scmidt) tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

It is mob rule with the threat of violence.
    Concur. I find it deeply saddening that more people don’t see this for exactly what it is. Ironically, it’s my own experience with the other side of the coin (racist mob mentality) as a kid that makes it so easy for me to see the picture. JMO.

“Look at what the majority of people are doing, and do the exact opposite, and you'll probably never go wrong for as long as you live”
    -Earl Nightingale

I hold the belief that these people are not principled protestors of any sort, but rather this is part of a core of paid anarchists.
    While I think that the majority of “daylight marchers” are well meaning people (I hope so, since I personally know a ton of people so inclined) I’m going to back my fat canine brother up for a sec here, and point out that one of the main rabble rousers caught inciting the nighttime crowds to property destruction in my area was a paid actor from Portland who was staying in a nice downtown hotel the whole time he was here. This is coming directly from LE, mind, not media reports. He wasn’t the only one that the local joint effort was tracking who was over from Portland on an expense account. Again, this is from direct conversation with folks on the ground. FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

This is fantasy. The Soros money goes into thing like electing progressive District Attorneys and Mayors and propositions to defund police. The useful idiots live off unemployment, student loans, family and petty crime. They also fund raise via crowd funding apps. Many of the hardcore so called “professional protestors” live quasi homeless lifestyles. Useful idiots are true believers in the secularist religion of progressivism and true believers don’t need to be paid.

Since we are on the topic, these groups are a confederation with a core of shared beliefs. The idea that they are a single monolithic, pyramid style organization with a Soros type bogey msn at the top is fantasy. The best comparison is the various Islamist extremist groups, Hezbollah, ISIS, Al Qeada etc are all Muslims, all hate the west and sometimes cooperate but they all have their own agendas and don’t necessarily get along.

The first part of this statement is correct, it’s called Accelerationism, basically do what ever you can to accelerate the break down of the current social order so you can replace it with your own. There are right wing extremist groups who are accelerationist too.

Their communications not great but they are secure because they learned those lessons in the 60s and 70s, unlike right wing extremists whose communication security is poor.

This is where the dark money you referenced above actually goes. This is the result of many years of money going into local and state elections and academia. When you make enough of those investments you don’t need to pay protestors.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-08-2021 at 10:44 AM.

User Tag List