Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    This is a good point.

The cynic in me says John and Jane suburb are already on the 'defund the police' bandwagon though. At the least they are going to be conflicted until CNN or MSNBC tell them how to think.

What will push them over the edge as you point out is if there is further escalation. Say, large groups of lifted F250s, with front bumper armor that are turned into technicals, and intentionally engage these kinds of left wing groups.
    It does beg the question though; if the police are demoralized and defunded, who will enforce these shiny new gun control laws? Especially in situations articulated in this thread. Genuinely curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Perhaps by peterb and jetfire? I'm hoping I misunderstand the point they're trying to make. Seems like any sane person easily recognizes that this was a confrontational mob threatening people, not a bunch of people merely walking around with long guns.
    I don’t want to drift the topic too badly and turn this into a debate about open carry, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone MERELY walking around with long guns outside of people in orange vests during hunting season. To borrow a phrase I first heard from @Tamara, I’ve only seen people carrying guns at others. This strikes me as the next logical progression of what started with the Starbucks SKS people and escalated to the rifle-armed/plate carrier people who have walked into state legislatures during hearings about controversial bills.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 05-08-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Grammar

@HCM, I have heard directly from people involved in the arrests that some of these “protestors” are paid. Not trying to start an argument, but I trust my sources on my end.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    @HCM, I have heard directly from people involved in the arrests that some of these “protestors” are paid. Not trying to start an argument, but I trust my sources on my end.
    First define “paid” - travel costs, materials - yes these groups do fund raise, often via crowd funding apps, that doesn’t equal being on retainer for Soros.

I believe they told you that and I even believe they believe it but that doesn’t make it factual.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-08-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    First define “paid” - travel costs, materials - yes these groups do fund raise, often via crowd funding apps, that doesn’t equal being on retainer for Soros.

I believe they told you that and I even believe they believe it but that doesn’t make it factual.
    I define “paid” as: somebody is fronting money that allows these out-of-state goofballs to travel, eat, raise hell, and stay in a *nice* hotel, all with little overt employment record. I never said anything about Soros.

And with that, I’m done arguing this one. If you wish to believe that you know more about local issues than the locals, carry on.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I define “paid” as: somebody is fronting money that allows these out-of-state goofballs to travel, eat, raise hell, and stay in a *nice* hotel, all with little overt employment record. I never said anything about Soros.

And with that, I’m done arguing this one. If you wish to believe that you know more about local issues than the locals, carry on.
    If I look a round me right now the world looks flat. Is the Earth flat? Perspective matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Perhaps by peterb and jetfire? I'm hoping I misunderstand the point they're trying to make. Seems like any sane person easily recognizes that this was a confrontational mob threatening people, not a bunch of people merely walking around with long guns.
    The only difference between these people and the “let’s open carry rifles” dorks is that these people are actually willing to use violence, whereas OC advocates are just cosplaying.

The open carry of long guns has never been culturally accepted in cities and towns in the US, even back so far as the 1800s. While a handgun was a normal site, people didn’t walk around town with their carbines.

The OC dork movement has assisted the behavior of these rioters by clearly demonstrating that LE won’t engage with people who are by and large obeying the law (with regards to carry). So yeah, by “educating the sheeple” they managed to let some real assholes know it was legal to tote rifles around in public.

Fuck open carry advocates

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The only difference between these people and the “let’s open carry rifles” dorks is that these people are actually willing to use violence, whereas OC advocates are just cosplaying.

The open carry of long guns has never been culturally accepted in cities and towns in the US, even back so far as the 1800s. While a handgun was a normal site, people didn’t walk around town with their carbines.

The OC dork movement has assisted the behavior of these rioters by clearly demonstrating that LE won’t engage with people who are by and large obeying the law (with regards to carry). So yeah, by “educating the sheeple” they managed to let some real assholes know it was legal to tote rifles around in public.

Fuck open carry advocates
    The only thing you got wrong is the pistol thing. Most western towns in also banned open or concealed carry of pistols. One of the first thing the Earps did when they became the Law in Tombstone is outlaw the carry of weapons in town.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Cross-posting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, my guess is that anyone who uses deadly force against BLM or Antifa will be the focus of prosecution to the extreme. City, county, and state officials have made it clear that leftist ‘protesters’ are the good guys, pretty much no matter what they do.

A jury trial is not likely to go in the favor of someone trying to defend themselves.

Steer clear. Take a beating if necessary. The alternatives are worse....

Only partially joking about this part: BLM / Antifa E&E kit:
    Black shirt with leftist slogan
    Gas mask
    Helmet
    Sealed eye pro
    Blunt trauma weapons

Abandon vehicle, if necessary claim to have stolen it. Most of the enemy is stoned, so it won’t take much to blend in long enough to escape.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

"The open carry of long guns has never been culturally accepted in cities and towns in the US, even back so far as the 1800s. While a handgun was a normal site, people didn’t walk around town with their carbines. "

I think that must depend on the location and time. Anecdote alert: sometime around 1970 I turned 14 or so, in ruralish Virginia. My Xmas present was a 22 rifle (one of what Washington state now classifies as an assault rifle, the magazine fed version of the Nylon 66).

The day after Xmas a friend's family was going to the range and I was invited. They lived a couple of miles away through town (the county seat). I put a box of shells in my pocket and the rifle in the crook of my arm (I didn't have a sling or case) and started marching through town. About halfway there I came up to a corner as a patrol car arrived. I crossed in front of him a,d we exchanged grins ... it was a regular Norman Rockwell moment, the kid getting his first rifle for Xmas.

For bonus points, the corner was the corner of a large schoolyard, so after I got to the other side of the street I turned and cut diagonally across the schoolyard, because that was the shortest path.

I have also heard of kids in the ??1950's?? taking their rifles on the NYC subway because they had rifle team practice after school.

At my high school, it was not at all unusual to see kids pickups in the lot with rifles in the gun racks that went across the back window.

Three asides:
    1)I generally think the folks who made a point of open carry at at starbucks etc are loons.
    2)I don't see 'open carry' in those videos, I see people pointing rifles at other people. That's not nice.
    3)I saw a screen capture from one of those vids ... the 'protester' was carrying - well, pointing - an M&P 15/22 ... with no magazine and ... no charging handle. You could see the open slot where the charging handle goes. I kinda wonder what the game plan is. If I was an evil antifa mastermind, I wouldn't want my team shooting anybody, but I think I'd like some martyrs that I could exploit. Having people point non-functional guns at people would be one way to make that happen.

User Tag List