Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    As Dad would have said, "there's right, then there's dead right."
    Whether or not it is legal it is a crowd in the street. Don't voluntarily put your vehicle into a crowd in the street or in front blocking a crowd marching down the street. Rodney King taught everyone that.
    The problem with that is when you involuntarily put your vehicle into a crowd. Some of these aren't visible until you take a wrong turn, and then either one of the mob ends up Garrett Foster'd or you end up like the guy in the 2nd video. That's your best case scenario. It goes downhill from there. Dude with a Glock or even a bagged Rattler vs a half dozen people with rifles and armor? Those are not odds I'd take to Vegas.

The mob should own the legal repercussions of any confrontation based on the fact that they're the instigators but in places like Portland that may well not happen. We'll see how successfully they export that to other, similar events. Though I can't help but note that the JFPK incident in this thread and even the "may day" march we had downtown last week look like they are have considerably smaller crowds. I wonder if the broader attendance has fizzled and what's left is just the core instigators.

Patrick Kimmons. Let’s say his name. He was a gang member with a history of violence, who had just shot two (black) people. As a Portland resident, I would like to thank the brave LEOs who had to shoot him. Portland is a safer place because of them.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...gun-on-police/
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The problem with that is when you involuntarily put your vehicle into a crowd. Some of these aren't visible until you take a wrong turn, and then either one of the mob ends up Garrett Foster'd or you end up like the guy in the 2nd video. That's your best case scenario. It goes downhill from there. Dude with a Glock or even a bagged Rattler vs a half dozen people with rifles and armor? Those are not odds I'd take to Vegas.

The mob should own the legal repercussions of any confrontation based on the fact that they're the instigators but in places like Portland that may well not happen. We'll see how successfully they export that to other, similar events. Though I can't help but note that the JFPK incident in this thread and even the "may day" march we had downtown last week look like they are have considerably smaller crowds. I wonder if the broader attendance has fizzled and what's left is just the core instigators.
    +1
    Maybe it’s my “reasonable man” bias, but I have difficulty imagining that many of these drivers DELIBERATELY put their vehicles in the midst of a mob.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 05-07-2021 at 11:24 AM.

From what I understand, this is a weekly protest; I am making a big assumption that it is in some way scheduled and there is some basic idea of the timetable.

If there were official desire to curtail this sort of gathering, it'd be easy to pull off. Surveillance and interdiction of the participants, likewise. Seems to me that maybe the backing org for the protesters is getting sloppy or overconfident.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Patrick Kimmons. Let’s say his name. He was a gang member with a history of violence, who had just shot two (black) people. As a Portland resident, I would like to thank the brave LEOs who had to shoot him. Portland is a safer place because of them.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...gun-on-police/
    I think it would be best if we re-named them all "Horst Wessel" or "Pavlik Morozov". They're all the same mythical martyr.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 05-07-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    From what I understand, this is a weekly protest; I am making a big assumption that it is in some way scheduled and there is some basic idea of the timetable.

If there were official desire to curtail this sort of gathering, it'd be easy to pull off. Surveillance and interdiction of the participants, likewise. Seems to me that maybe the backing org for the protesters is getting sloppy or overconfident.
    The people of Portland are getting what they voted for.

It doesn’t matter if it’s scheduled or not.

There are reason why there are requirements for permits, barricades etc. for demonstrations aand marches on public streets. First they belong to everyone and no one particular group has the right to schedule denying other people access unilaterally.

They can unilaterally schedule themselves to go take a crap at the entrance to your driveway the same time and day every week but that doesn’t make it legal or ethically correct.

Ceding these people the idea that they are in anyway justified in unilaterally scheduling when other citizens can pass down a public street is a big f***ing deal.

I'm gonna try and say this without offending anyone. While the acts of armed intimidation and provocation are gross to start with, I think some of these ccw's aren't doing themselves any favors.

In the public venue, (of course, events concerning home and hearth are different rules). I think Pat Mac's book "Sentinel: Become the Agent in Charge of Your Own Protection" https://www.amazon.com/Sentinel-Beco...204&sr=8-1does a really good job of laying a plan for keeping you and your family safe. Getting you and yours off the "X", to a safe place needs to be your mission goal, not salvaging your ego or trying to "win" the shouting match. Dude in the red pick up seemed to have negotiated "safe passage", yet felt the need to stop, and unmount the vehicle. To what end? Bruised ego needed salving? I dunno, I can't read his mind. Myself, if i can back or turn out of that confrontation, that's my plan. I'm not gonna plant my feet and say "Oh no, not today" over a piece of road or sidewalk. Call me a pussy or a coward if you want, I really don't care. I always figure I win every fight that I don't participate in.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I'm gonna try and say this without offending anyone. While the acts of armed intimidation and provocation are gross to start with, I think some of these ccw's aren't doing themselves any favors.

In the public venue, (of course, events concerning home and hearth are different rules). I think Pat Mac's book "Sentinel: Become the Agent in Charge of Your Own Protection" https://www.amazon.com/Sentinel-Beco...204&sr=8-1does a really good job of laying a plan for keeping you and your family safe. Getting you and yours off the "X", to a safe place needs to be your mission goal, not salvaging your ego or trying to "win" the shouting match. Dude in the red pick up seemed to have negotiated "safe passage", yet felt the need to stop, and unmount the vehicle. To what end? Bruised ego needed salving? I dunno, I can't read his mind. Myself, if i can back or turn out of that confrontation, that's my plan. I'm not gonna plant my feet and say "Oh no, not today" over a piece of road or sidewalk. Call me a pussy or a coward if you want, I really don't care. I always figure I win every fight that I don't participate in.
    I agree. The guy in the pick up was right initially but is a knuckle head for stopping and getting out once they let him through and he could have been clear of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The people of Portland are getting what they voted for.

It doesn’t matter if it’s scheduled or not.

There are reason why there are requirements for permits, barricades etc. for demonstrations aand marches on public streets. First they belong to everyone and no one particular group has the right to schedule denying other people access unilaterally.

They can unilaterally schedule themselves to go take a crap at the entrance to your driveway the same time and day every week but that doesn’t make it legal or ethically correct.

Ceding these people the idea that they are in anyway justified in unilaterally scheduling when other citizens can pass down a public street is a big f***ing deal.
    You misunderstand me, @HCM; perhaps I diluted my own point or wasn't clear.
    It seems obvious that the official authority is uninterested in curtailing this sort of behavior. (Maybe they benefit from the escalating provocations, but that's another tangent)

An interested couple of say, citizens could easily surveil & reveal the identities of these folks, which seems to be the last thing they want.
    I ought not to say anything else mis-construable in an open forum, I think.

User Tag List