Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Apex kit for an M&P?

Which Apex kit for an M&P?

I want to play around with a Apex trigger in an M&P and want one that would be safe to duty/carry on an older gun without a manual safety.

I'm leaning toward the polymer AEK because I don't like blocky triggers (prefer a rounded face).

What Apex kit do you guys prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I want to play around with a Apex trigger in an M&P and want one that would be safe to duty/carry on an older gun without a manual safety.

I'm leaning toward the polymer AEK because I don't like blocky triggers (prefer a rounded face).

Do you have the ability to try out flat vs. curved triggers? These have those as well.

Are you getting the carry option kit? Its my understanding that would be excellent for that.

I have a duty/carry kit in my old gen 1 compact and am really happy w/ it. The trigger spring is heavier than stock so the pull prior to the wall is a little heavier. The supplied sear is improved vs stock so the pull to fire the round is not as heavy as it would be w/ just the spring. I just checked and pull is 6.25#

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

I have several M&Ps with Apex triggers both first generation and 2.0.

I prefer the curved trigger over the straight triggers. The factory hinged trigger does not bother me.

By far, I prefer the Forward Set trigger. My first one was a aluminum trigger shoe, but I’ve had one with a polymer shoe that was fine also.
    The Duty/Carry AEK is great by itself if you don’t want to go to the Forward Set. The kit you mentioned adds the curved trigger shoe.

Pay careful attention to the 1/8” sear spring requirement. If you have a very early gun, it might have the smaller spring forcing you to search out a rear block assembly.

Great upgrade to to M&Ps.

Site Supporter
    I put the AEK kit in my 2.0 4", keeping the stock trigger spring,
    I polished the striker leg and cleaned up some pretty rough
    burr's on the trigger bar, literately 2 minutes with just some
    1200 grit and wound up with a real nice, smooth, clean break
    although a little lighter than intended 4 lb trigger.

I have 2 M&P 2.0 4.25"

I had ATEI install the Apex Gunsmith Fit Barrel and Apex Forward Set Trigger SKU # 100-167. Highly recommend. Both have stock TRS and Apex Duty/Carry Sear Spring coming in at 4.68#. Extreme accuracy in both pistols.

I have numerous M&Ps and I think I have the DAEK in all of them except the two 2.0 pistols, and I have added the polymer trigger to several of them, after that trigger was released. But I have never clearly understood the differentiation, is the trigger "forward set" or is the sear "forward set" and now the more I look at the picks it looks like there are two sears:

Name:  Apex Sears.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  34.2 KB

I am not going to change any of mine, but I am contemplating getting another 2.0 5" gun and getting it direct milled, and maybe drag it through the catalog, might try the forward set idea then.

You used to be able to call them and discuss. Can you still do that? If so, do that.

I have two 1.0 versions with the Duty Carry kit with the APEX triggers and they are great, one gun has the poly trigger and the other has the aluminum. I prefer the poly because the edges are slightly rounded which makes it more comfortable and for some reason the poly was much easier to install, the aluminum trigger was a bear to install.

I kept the OEM trigger spring and the pull is really light but still safe(IMO) for carry.

I called Apex this afternoon.

After our conversation, I purchased a polymer trigger Action Enhancement Duty/Carry Kit as well as a RAM.

I also have a new sear housing assembly on the way since this is a 2008ish gun and I need the newer style to fit all this.

User Tag List