Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California AB 876 Gabriel - Law Enforcement (LEO Duty Handgun Microstamping)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’ve said that if all the gun industry pulled a Barrett and refused to sell to anybody in or connected to California this would resolve itself.

It's nice in theory, but that would mean that most would just go through distribution instead of being direct and just cost more money. It would solve nothing, just like this bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have mixed feelings here. I abhor any attempts of the State to push “unicorn” gun control schemes as well any further coercion to force industry to comply with stupid fantasy technology (which many Cali politicians have financial interest in).

That said the California LE agencies and unions were all to happy to endorse the “Handgun Roster” and subsequent micro stamping add ones as long as they were “exempt” from the effects. Well now the dragon is no longer happy with the sacrifice of the occasional virgin and is now looking hungrily at them. Perhaps the next generation of Cali LE guns will have 10rnd magazines and fin grips?

There is no saving this state (not even Katlyn Jenner can save us 🤣 ) and it is time for all freedom loving people to leave and let the remaining people destroy themselves. Then our future generations can reclaim the glory that is this state’s beauty from the Eoli and Morlock inhabitants.

This shit would have never gotten this far if it wasn't for the union or lobbyists carving out exemptions...

Site Supporter
    This seems like a clear example of the government overestimating it’s own power and importance.
    The California government clearly can’t control the business decisions of gunmakers that operate outside the borders of CA.
    They just haven’t grasped that their economic power is not sufficient to compel private industry to do their bidding.
    I’m fine with it - give it some time and they’ll eventually realize that Sacramento is not King’s Landing, and their edicts are not automatically obeyed throughout the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    This shit would have never gotten this far if it wasn't for the union or lobbyists carving out exemptions...
    Some animals are more equal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    There is no saving this state (not even Katlyn Jenner can save us 🤣 ) and it is time for all freedom loving people to leave and let the remaining people destroy themselves. Then our future generations can reclaim the glory that is this state’s beauty from the Eoli and Morlock inhabitants.
    As a fellow occupant of a liberal stronghold, I hope we can do the same for IL, but the shittiness of the state has pushed the liberals out too. For us, it pushes them into Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Texas, and for your state, into Texas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona....All this shit you're seeing where you live is coming soon to a state near you. Like driving distance near you.

Many of us on the conservative side may think we can always retreat to the shire of our choosing where corruption and evil shall never reach, but it makes me think of one of my favorite movies....

"The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Tuckbourough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once great and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a Shire, Pippin."

This has been your dour moment, brought to you by your dour conservative. Remember to donate to your state level gun advocacy group and tip the waitresses!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    As a fellow occupant of a liberal stronghold, I hope we can do the same for IL, but the shittiness of the state has pushed the liberals out too. For us, it pushes them into Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Texas, and for your state, into Texas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona....All this shit you're seeing where you live is coming soon to a state near you. Like driving distance near you.

Many of us on the conservative side may think we can always retreat to the shire of our choosing where corruption and evil shall never reach, but it makes me think of one of my favorite movies....

"The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Tuckbourough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once great and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a Shire, Pippin."

This has been your dour moment, brought to you by your dour conservative. Remember to donate to your state level gun advocacy group and tip the waitresses!
    Agreed, I’ve heard all these arguments and I have thought them as well which is why I still reside in this state, but there comes a time where every good general knows it is time to retreat and reconsolidate. It wasn’t until the forces of Rohan moved to aid Gondor that Isengard was defeated.

There's only 90k sworn cops in CA. That's not a big enough market to force this change. I would hope that all firearms manufacturers would tell CA LE to etadik on this one, but some bottom-feeder will realize it's a captive market and score 90k units of a sale. My agency will be good for several years as we're getting Gen5 MOS this July.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    In fairness, if they pulled a 'Barrett' they'd be selling to LE/Gov only what was legal for civilians. Barrett could get away with that as a manufacturer because their guns are very specific and unique.

I love the idea of making Cali's bigger LE and gov agencies scramble to find any guns they could, but I don't see a way to do it without fucking all of the regular folks in Cali in addition to a lot of LEO's that deserve to carry a standard capacity modern handgun.
    Those people are already eF’d because of where they live. If the agents of the government that passes these laws and the security for celebrities who support them can’t source guns and ammunition (hell, make it hard for Hollywood to buy guns/ammo from Free America) then maybe learning will occur. Stupidity is supposed to hurt.

It's nice in theory, but that would mean that most would just go through distribution instead of being direct and just cost more money. It would solve nothing, just like this bill.
    Not if “distribution” is included in my concept of “gun industry”. No sales to distributors who sell to anti-2A areas.
    Last edited by Rick R; 05-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Those people are already eF’d because of where they live. If the agents of the government that passes these laws and the security for celebrities can’t source guns and ammunition (hell, make it hard for Hollywood to buy guns/ammo from Free America) then maybe learning will occur. Stupidity is supposed to hurt.

Not if “distribution” is included in my concept of “gun industry”. No sales to distributors who sell to anti-2A areas.

But that's not what really happened to Barrett, plenty is still actually sold here through distribution.
    https://www.turners.com/barrett/barr...tt,-man-475873
    https://wbtguns.com/california-legal-barrett/

What Barrett did is Virtue Signaling IMO

But that's not what really happened to Barrett, plenty is still actually sold here through distribution.
    https://www.turners.com/barrett/barr...tt,-man-475873
    https://wbtguns.com/california-legal-barrett/

What Barrett did is Virtue Signaling IMO
    What Barrett did is better than bending over and asking “may I have another please?”. If there was an industry wide agreement to quit feeding the bear then maybe the bear will starve. Or more likely go buy guns from China...

User Tag List