Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealment Vest Inquiry

You guys are so going to get killed in the streets with that shoot me vest attire

Concealment was a requirement, so I'd say we need to define that a bit more... Are you talking not have visible items AND blend into your surroundings or are we just good withy folks not directly seeing your stuff, but we are OK with sticking out a bit or even a lot?

While the 511 vest can stash a lot of stuff I wouldn't consider it concealment under most conditions. Unless you're in a group of photographers, tourists or are working cameras yourself, not many folks round here wear those any more. IMO, if you want to blend into more areas you're better off with some travel vest or a low key hunting vest like Filson or similar. Even if you have to do some mods yourself to add a push for rifle mags.

A two-liter bottle of orange soda fits in the outer pocket of this vest: https://www.concealedcarry.com/produ...cealment-vest/

Two exterior pockets, each is loop lined. You can set up how you want. Exterior pocket can hold a 30-round AR mag. Two interior pockets are loop lined and could hold a radio and mag. I don't have an AK mag handy. If it would help, I can put a PMag in the interior pocket and take a picture for you.

No internal routing for a radio wire.

The two exterior pockets are huge, I am not kidding when I say you can dump a fullsize 1911 into one.

Oh one admin chest pocket holds a standard sized ID without issue. You may want to add a snap or button to it, but works fine as is.

Name:  DBD4AC1C-43EC-437E-9BC5-C13E2649C888.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  26.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    You guys are so going to get killed in the streets with that shoot me vest attire

Concealment was a requirement, so I'd say we need to define that a bit more... Are you talking not have visible items AND blend into your surroundings or are we just good withy folks not directly seeing your stuff, but we are OK with sticking out a bit or even a lot?
    This is a purchase for a foreign national plainclothes protection team.

If low visibility was the goal for the use case, I wouldn't be asking about CCW vests.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    After a 3 min Internet search, the "gold standard" appears to be the 5.11 Vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, my experience with this vest was mixed. I used one for several months during a deployment to Afghanistan and the rifle magazine pockets wore through pretty quickly. This was caused by the relatively sharp edges of the metal magazines (this was in '04). Magpuls might not cause this. I don't know if AK mags would fit in those pockets. The rest of the vest worked pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    If an AR mag wore it through quickly an AK mag ought to tear it to shit in short order.
    30 round AK mags will fit into the pouch but will not allow the flap to close.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-07-2021 at 01:07 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Guys, a standard AK magazine is significantly larger than a 30 round AR magazine. Pouches made for AR magazines are unlikely to work.

In the picture are an aluminium 30 round .223 AR magazine and a 30 round 7.62 AK magazine.

Name:  IMG_20210507_092717.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  58.9 KB
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Lining the inside mag pocket bottom with something like filament packing tape might be a field expedient way to protect the fabric from abrasion. I know that it works on the lining of suits/sport coats
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

If it doesn't fit properly, it's a non-starter to begin with.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List