Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealment Vest Inquiry

Concealment Vest Inquiry

Hard requirement to accommodate the following:

• Admin pocket for commonly sized ID cards/paperwork

• Two pistol mags (must accommodate both singe and double stack)

• Radio, preferably with routing for wires

• Smaller/compressed IFAK, preferably sized to fit something like the Phokus Research Lo-Vis kit but at the bare minimum the Phokus Research Shield

• Cellphone

• Must be available.....don't care about the cool vest you bought years ago that isn't readily available anymore

Preferable but not required:

• One 30 round AK mag

• Restraints (cuffs)

• Pull-out police placards

Does not need to function as a holster for a pistol.

The market is understandably small for these products these days, and understandably tailored for 5.56 magazines (such as the 5.11 vest). If you have a vest with interior pockets used for mounting holsters and stuff via velcro, that sort of thing, it'd be cool to know if a single AK mag would fit in a viable orientation. So far the Blue Stone Safety vests look like they might have some merit, incase anyone has one and wouldn't mind checking.

Thanks.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

One of these might be close to what you’re looking for:

https://www.scottevest.com/mens-travel-vests.shtml

No personal experience with their products though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post

And here I was thinking I didn’t need a vest.

Thanks...

#P-F-Enabeler

Site Supporter

And here I was thinking I didn’t need a vest.
    Now I’m almost at the point of just deciding which color is best.
    Thanks...

#P-F-Enabeler

ETA- got a 503 error on the first attempted posting, then added more thoughts - sorry for the double tap

I've been using a couple for a few years.

Lots of pockets to store stuff and easy to organize which pockets will hold what; it's very practical for international flights.

It's very lightweight and thin which makes it quite comfortable but I'm not sure how well (in terms of concealment and ease of access to things like an AK mag or radios) it will be able to handle the various heavy square stuff the OP wants to put in it.

It's not set up to organize what the OP wants but I imagine it can be adapted for some of it.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    After a 3 min Internet search, the "gold standard" appears to be the 5.11 Vest. 2 way YKK Zippers, multiple lines of stitching and bar tacks make me think that they have at least thought about folks wearing it loaded up. The inner CCW pockets very likely be configured with some velcro which would open up pouching possibility for virtually anything

https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-vest.html at 89.99 retail.

Proof of concept can be had on ebay for 50% or less of that figure.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...sPageName=GSTL

Let us know what you do and how you do it.

Be safe and well.

DB
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Why don't you just open carry all your shit down to the Starbuck's like everyone else?

Seriously though, a friend of mine had a 511 vest, you could fit an amazing amount of shit in there. I "think" you could make an AK mag work.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    After a 3 min Internet search, the "gold standard" appears to be the 5.11 Vest. 2 way YKK Zippers, multiple lines of stitching and bar tacks make me think that they have at least thought about folks wearing it loaded up. The inner CCW pockets very likely be configured with some velcro which would open up pouching possibility for virtually anything
    FWIW, my experience with this vest was mixed. I used one for several months during a deployment to Afghanistan and the rifle magazine pockets wore through pretty quickly. This was caused by the relatively sharp edges of the metal magazines (this was in '04). Magpuls might not cause this. I don't know if AK mags would fit in those pockets. The rest of the vest worked pretty well.

Site Supporter
    If an AR mag wore it through quickly an AK mag ought to tear it to shit in short order.

User Tag List