Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratchet belts for carry 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    How do you carry, HD?
    Lately I’m back to OWB due to irritation with a surgical scar, but traditionally IWB Kydex at 3-4:00. I’ve experimented a little with AIWB, but that damn scar adds to the discomfort.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Looking at ordering from Kore today. Anybody have an alternate solution in the same vein that I should look at?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Why would you order a pot metal hardware made in China belt when better can be had nearly the same or less, to include brand/models in this very thread?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Why would you order a pot metal hardware made in China belt when better can be had nearly the same or less, to include brand/models in this very thread?
    and what are those, exactly?

you said earlier in the thread "Not a fan of ratcheting belts." which IMO pretty much disqualifies you from this conversation.

Unsure why so many people on the internut always feel the need to reply to "I'd like a kumquat" with "kumquats are stupid, you need an orange".

if you're going to suggest an orange, at least first (a) qualify your opinion on kumquats and then (b) suggest the best kumquat should one insist on same.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Speaking of internuts, since so few people seem to take a second to put links to the stuff they're talking about anymore...

Ratcheting
    Kore EDC Gear (1.5" width)
    Kore Classic (1&3/8" width)
    Nexbelt EDC (1.5" width)
    Nexbelt fashion belts (1&3/8" width)
    Blade-Tech Ultimate Carry (Nexbelt?)
    Boxer Apogee

non-ratcheting
    Carbon Tactics
    Volund Atlas
    Wilderness Belts
    Wilderness Frequent Flier
    Mastermind Tactics
    Liger

Phlster Enigma (how this relates I have no idea, but it's mentioned in the thread)

Site Supporter
    Um no. You publish in a public forum, not DQed from weighing in. Don't like it. Don't post up. I am completely comfortable letting the readers on this forum decide who carries the day on a given point of discussion/contention, to include anything you have ever posted up on to date.

I will be more clear for you as I apparently was not. I commit to writing more clearly when you ask for an opinion re your prospective gear choices.

I am not a fan of the KORE ratcheting belt because it has pot metal made in China hardware. The company has no transparency whatsoever re country of origin yet charges 60-70 dollar for a belt with craptastic hardware made with craptastic leather.
    50 so odd questions down in their "FAQs," they essentially say they manufacture in asia because it cost 2-3x more than to do it in the USA. We know thats BS because Boxer is doing a similar product for 85.00 which means KORE is simply padding a margin with a decidedly inferior product as evidenced by its relatively meager 1 year warranty. IMHO, the whole ratcheting system is ok at best for golf pants and sucks it for carrying serious gear relative to old school holes in the belt and the hardware used by Wilderness, Maxpedition and Graith/Mastermind Tactics.

https://www.koreessentials.com/pages/faqs

The Boxer brand belt would be the best choice by far both in terms of materials, warranty and country of origin.

https://boxertactical.com/products/apogee-belt-1-5
    https://boxertactical.com/pages/warranty

But hey, you work hard for the money. Buy what you what you what and let us know how it works out for you.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

The boxer tactical buckle is way too big to me to even consider using it

I use KORE belts. Everyday it's their leather with the appendix buckle, I think it's called X7. On days when I shoot IDPA I switch to a nylon belt with the appendix buckle

Nexbelt has an appendix carry buckle too but I haven't tried it yet

I’m a little unsure about the bulk of the Boxer buckle, too.

I’ve had many belts with buckles made from “pot metal” (a very vague term, usually used to disparage) and have never had a buckle fail. For me this would be a belt used to keep my jeans from falling down around my ankles and stably carry a pistol, magazine and phone. I wouldn’t be using it to clip in when I’m a space shuttle door gunner. A die cast buckle would be sufficient for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    The boxer tactical buckle is way too big to me to even consider using it

I use KORE belts. Everyday it's their leather with the appendix buckle, I think it's called X7. On days when I shoot IDPA I switch to a nylon belt with the appendix buckle

Nexbelt has an appendix carry buckle too but I haven't tried it yet
    Any downside to using the X7 for non-appendix carry, or even no-carry, that you can think of?

I have a KORE Essentials belt and it works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List