Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratchet belts for carry 2021

The Kore belts work well if you're using Perry suspenders, which aren't typically used much by CCWers.

Not so much otherwise, as noted above.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Ok, Kore is off my list. I’m leaning hard to the Boxer Tactical Apogee right now.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve got a Kore carry belt with the synthetic style front and I love it. I’ve been wearing it around 6 months now.

Plenty stiff for up to a G17 AIWB and reload on the belt OWB. I don’t carry anything heavier than a G17 though, and mostly a G19. Haven’t tried OWB carry, and don’t plan to. It may struggle with OWB carry and a heavy gun.

The ratchet system has been a marvelous revelation.
    I wear the buckle at the 11 o clock and it is so easy to loosen/tighten surreptitiously, that it’s made my carrying life tremendously easier especially when driving or sitting down for dinner. It really is fantastic how it works.

It seems very sturdy, with no significant wear thus far, but it’s only been 6 months. But I’m totally convinced regarding the practicality of a ratchet system. Even if my Kore falls apart next month, I’d be getting another one until I found a more sturdy iteration, but it seems really solid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Ok, Kore is off my list. I’m leaning hard to the Boxer Tactical Apogee right now.
    I’m not familiar Boxer Tactical, so I just looked at their website. I’ve been considering a ratchet style belt, and like the fact that they are USA made. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    I’m not familiar Boxer Tactical, so I just looked at their website. I’ve been considering a ratchet style belt, and like the fact that they are USA made. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them?
    I do, and I mentioned that to the OP over PM.

Tried a Kore before it was pretty underwhelmed at the build quality. It did look nice at first, I'll give it that. Traded it away.

The Boxer Tactical ratchet system is beefy, and the track is deep grooves on the back side of the biothane belt material. The biothane material is comparable to First Spear Line One belt. Some flexibility but rigid vertically to support the weight of gun and tools. I liked it overall.

I ended up transitioning to mostly using Mastermind belts, but if I were once again interested in going ratchet-style, Boxer is the only good option I know of so far.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Thanks! I’m currently using a Mastermind Tactics belt, and it works well. I’d just like to try something different, and the ratchet style belt seems like it may be a little easier to adjust. Plus, I like the idea of having the tail of the belt facing toward my left side, as opposed to having the tail double back to my right with the mastermind belt (or The Wilderness belt that preceded it).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    If I did not already have 5 Mastermind belts, two old school Maxpedition Liger belts, a 5.11 homage of the Liger and 2 Wilderness Frequent Flyer Belts already, I suspect I would give one of the Ciphers a go.
    If you or anyone else following this thread is interested, Carbon Tactics is having a 25% off sale this weekend with coupon code BANANA. I am not affiliated with them in any way, but just like their gear and service. I also have their Hook belt and, prior to getting the Cipher, wore it in the summer with hybrid board shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    Thanks! I’m currently using a Mastermind Tactics belt, and it works well. I’d just like to try something different, and the ratchet style belt seems like it may be a little easier to adjust. Plus, I like the idea of having the tail of the belt facing toward my left side, as opposed to having the tail double back to my right with the mastermind belt (or The Wilderness belt that preceded it).
    Why not thread your belt in the other direction so the tail doubles back over itself and goes towards your left?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter

Kore

I am pleased with my Kore ratcheting belt. Typical load is Sig P320 OWB and 1 spare mag.

How do you carry, HD?
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List