Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ratchet belts for carry 2021

Little bit of an update….

I like the leather version so much I got two more for work. Still have yet to carry a gun with the leather version.

Storing the nylon version rolled up has helped some with the absurd rotational stiffness, but not really enough to make me want to wear it all the time. Wilderness is still better.

As to the ratchet system itself, it’s definitely nice to be able to tweak the fit very easily as the day goes on (car, standing up, desk, etc) and I find the stiffness of the leather belt to be great for office attire (again, still have t used one for carry).

However, the ratchet buckle isn’t really any easier than a a traditional buckle in terms of on/off, and may in fact be more of a pain.

For personal/off-work use, even carrying, I don’t really see a use for the nylon one. Like most gun belts these days, stiff in all the wrong directions.

Also, before buying any of these I wanted to be able to potential,y swap buckles around. That’s just not happening. So ow I guess some fashion and some tactical (belts are a slight,y different width so the buckles aren’t swappable between the two lines) doesn’t matter. Nor, frankly does changing brands entirely.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Interesting that you brought this back. I was about to post about my "Goldilocks just right" find from Kore. I used the Tactical Nylon for AIWB for over a year and found it stiffer in all directions than necessary - but not to the point I ever found it uncomfortable - just more than necessary. I have the 4lb leather gun belt but felt it wasn't quite as sturdy as I was looking for plus the "dressy leather" finish wasn't up to the daily on / off of loops and clips.

I suggested to Kore they develop a middle of the road 6lb version of the nylon gun belt. Nothing ever came of it. One day I was looking at the Kore site and found their "Western" collection. It's a Full Grain leather with an almost suede flat matte finish. I didn't want the Western buckle so I bought the strap separately with an X7 appendix buckle. It's now my favorite belt. Firmer than the top-grain leather gun belt and more flexible than the 8lb nylon. I found it by accident.

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...elts-no-buckle

User Tag List