Thread: 43x/48 MRDS Options

43x/48 MRDS Options

I'm sure this information is in this subforum somewhere but I haven't been able to pull it all together. And I've been out of the loop for several weeks. I'm going to put together either a 43x or 48 with an optic. What are my current best options for the MRDS model and manufacture? What is the best mounting method? Milled or Glocks current MOS model? What backup irons would give me a lower 1/3 sight picture?

I don't want to think too much about this. I just want it to work.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I am just starting out on dots. I ended up getting my black non-MOS G48 milled for a 507k. Mill work was done by Primary Machine, who unfortunately no longer offer milling as of 15 April. It is perfect, however.

I chose a 507k because I have a 507c on my G34, and really like the dot/circle/circle dot reticle options, positive reports of reliability and customer service, side loading battery compartment, long service life battery wise, glass lens, rudimentary rear sight "ears" molded into the optic body and price point. I only have 70 or so rounds through the 507k, but like it a lot so far.

I am on the fence on backup irons, and would defer to others more experienced in dots than I am. I may or may not have made a wise move, but I had them mill out the rear dove tail on my G48, thinking the 507k "ears" would serve as a rear sight. In hindsight I probably should have left the rear dove tail so I would have an option. I currently have a 0.165" black steel on the front, but have not shot it with irons yet to see if it regulates. You can hardly see the iron sights in the lower part of the optic window.

Name:  IMG_8851.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  99.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_8749.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  32.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I'm sure this information is in this subforum somewhere but I haven't been able to pull it all together. And I've been out of the loop for several weeks. I'm going to put together either a 43x or 48 with an optic. What are my current best options for the MRDS model and manufacture? What is the best mounting method? Milled or Glocks current MOS model? What backup irons would give me a lower 1/3 sight picture?

I don't want to think too much about this. I just want it to work.
    I don’t have time to look for it now, but there is a thread where several of us discuss just that. I’ll try to get you a link later if you don’t find it first.

In short, I decided to try a Swampfox Sentinel on my 43x MOS. I wish there were more options. I have not yet had a chance to validate this sight due to the ammunition shortage plus my ongoing cross country move.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t have time to look for it now, but there is a thread where several of us discuss just that. I’ll try to get you a link later if you don’t find it first.

In short, I decided to try a Swampfox Sentinel on my 43x MOS. I wish there were more options. I have not yet had a chance to validate this sight due to the ammunition shortage plus my ongoing cross country move.
    I *think* this is the thread…

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....th-rail/page31
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Brownell’s has 48 slides cut for the RMR. Or at least they did earlier this week.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...=Handgun_Parts

Brownell’s has G48 RMR cut slides in stock.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...=Handgun_Parts

Brownell’s has G48 RMR cut slides in stock.

That looks like a pretty good option.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have a G48 MOS with a 507k +CHPWS plate.

I am thinking about building one of those RMR cut slides for my stainless non railed G48 because...PF reasons.

Also, I have a G19/G45 MOS bug whispering sweet nothings in my ear about "reliability" and "tried and true", so that may just be all for naught...

User Tag List