Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cecil Burch/IA Combatives -- Seattle/Tacoma area, WA SEP 25-26 2021

I agree that it was an excellent class. @Cecil Burch gets ever so more refined as a teacher each time I get to work with him. As well, the class was populated with fantastic training partners, without exception. It was especially noteworthy and great to see the total newbs go from zero to hero in just 2.5 long days under the very refined POI.
    @RevolverRob, it was *great* to finally meet in meat space! Speaking of, thanks for bringing burgers for everyone…
    @Clusterfrack, *great* to meet you too! Let’s not make it so long until the next time.

@Flamingo, I already knew you directly to be a badass mofo. Nothing about your incredible hospitality, generosity, or epic man cave has changed my mind on that in the slightest. Outstanding work on this thing. You have my sincere gratitude.

I cannot wait for the next hang.

PS. I look like a slightly overripe banana (or, perhaps more apropos given the local fauna, a banana slug) under the rash guards today: just a collection of little brown mottled bruises all over my upper arms and torso. Many of which probably came from CF.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Great summaries of the class, @RevolverRob and @Totem Polar. Agreed that we need to get together sooner than later. You too, @Flamingo.

And, I'm always ready to trade bruises with you, TP. That's what PFriends are for.

However, I do want to emphasize that Cecil's class is entirely appropriate for people of any size, age, or sex. I was impressed how Cecil guides his students to help each other learn in a way that challenged each individual and keeps everyone safe. I do not think anyone was pushed beyond what they were ready for. I will be trying hard to get my daughters to take this class.

And, I am now $100 poorer thanks to Cecil wearing one of these:
    https://allskillnoluck.com/products/...39298577662129
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

However, I do want to emphasize that Cecil's class is entirely appropriate for people of any size, age, or sex. I was impressed how Cecil guides his students to help each other learn in a way that challenged each individual and keeps everyone safe. I do not think anyone was pushed beyond what they were ready for. I will be trying hard to get my daughters to take this class.
    Absolutely, 100% agree.

Some folks (me I'm folks) definitely got gassed out a few times. But nothing a couple of minutes of recovery and some H2O couldn't fix.

Zombieland Rule #1...

And, I am now $100 poorer thanks to you letting me know that they are back in production. I recognized Cecil’s garb, but had no idea I could still snag one. They were totally done the last time I looked.

#fucker…

And, yes, I agree with you and RR that the class is fine for most. It’s physical, but nobody is out of control. Very self-selecting for people with a high standard of care, IMHO and IME.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Absolutely, 100% agree.

Some folks (me I'm folks) definitely got gassed out a few times. But nothing a couple of minutes of recovery and some H2O couldn't fix.
    I can tell you that the first competitive round with big Mike gassed me. Tank depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I can tell you that the first competitive round with big Mike gassed me. Tank depleted.
    Same. Big Mike is a monster. And a very strong fighter (not surprising given his military, LE, and wrestling experience). Burst breathing ahead of the round helped, but yeah... I was hanging on for dear life. And it was a valuable reality check. I have absolutely no illusions of being able to survive long against someone like Mike without using tools.

*cackling maniacally*

It is my personal quest to get drug rugs accepted as normal daily attire...........
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Thanks to everyone who came to the training. I knew Cecil was cool, when I saw that he had the same drug rug, I knew that he was COOL!

User Tag List