Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Irrational Pocket Guns

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It's not a pocket gun, but I would love an Umbrella gun...

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...serious-weapon
    Well, I'm more of an umbrella sword kinda guy but put a gun in the combo and this thread is won :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I wonder if NAA could make a knuckleduster in .22mag & .32acp?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I have an NAA black widow that has found it’s way into my pocket a few times. I put some cvang grips which really help with shooting Name:  A4EA0529-40D9-4FD9-8871-50E58F5E08E8.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  102.8 KB
    Although I’d also love to have some real sights on my beretta 21a something like what the tomcat has would be nice.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I wonder if NAA could make a knuckleduster in .22mag & .32acp?
    I've long wanted NAA to make a 3 shot version of their revolvers 32 ACP.

.32 is rimmed, and the same length as .22lr. So they could build it on their .22lr sized action, and give it a 2" barrel, and end up with revolver the same length as their 1.5" .22 Magnum models. We'd get more reliable 12" penetration, and much less blast then .22 mag.

In terms of knuckledusters, someone on ARFCOM has commissioned a set of knuckle grips:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...198595/?page=1

Crude concept drawing of how it would work:

Even something in .32 roughly the same size as the old 1 1/2 tip up with a solid frame, removable cylinder, modern materials & short barrel might be interesting:
    Name:  S&W .32.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  42.3 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Don't forget that not only do I have a 1903 (& a 1908), but I've also pocket carried it for a bit. Until the day I realized that it was probably not the safest thing to carry in a pocket.

ETA: thread needs photos.
    Attachment 71084
    A 'modern 1903' is another pistol I have an irrational desire for.

Super light, super thin IWB/AIWB pistol, but with a decent sight radius and enough velocity for .380's to expand + penetrate 12", while 7+1 grip allows a full hand grip.

A regular LCP is 9.4oz, figure a LCP1903 would be around 11oz. Overall length would be 6.16", making it possible to also be a pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    A 'modern 1903' is another pistol I have an irrational desire for.

Super light, super thin IWB/AIWB pistol, but with a decent sight radius and enough velocity for .380's to expand + penetrate 12", while 7+1 grip allows a full hand grip.

A regular LCP is 9.4oz, figure a LCP1903 would be around 11oz. Overall length would be 6.16", making it possible to also be a pocket pistol.
    The Shield EZ .380 is pretty much the modern version of the Colt 1908, and is roughly the same size with pretty much the same action & controls.

The Shield EZ .380 is pretty much the modern version of the Colt 1908, and is roughly the same size with pretty much the same action & controls.
    Its close, but I'd still want the 'LCP1903'; the EZ is 1.05" thick, 18.5oz, and 5" tall. So not really slimmer or lighter or shorter then a 9x19 pistol (its comparable in weight and thickness to a G43X.)

A 1903 sized LCP or Kahr .380 would be 0.75-0.82" thick, 4.5" tall, and weigh 11-12oz. So just a much slimmer and lighter pistol.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Let's see, have I mentioned my idea of taking my rusty top break S&W .38 lemon squeezer, cutting down the barrel, and adding a big dot style front and an actually visible rear lately?
    You might want to look through this guy's blog. Over time, he's done projects like that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I've long wanted NAA to make a 3 shot version of their revolvers 32 ACP.
    I like this idea. Now I have a want for an irrational pocket gun.
    --Jason--

User Tag List