Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Pocket Guns

Irrational Pocket Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Slightly off topic: all this gives me an irrational desire for an NAA mini.
    Thanks for inspiring irrational thoughts. Starting new thread to keep the other one from going off-track.

So, let's play a game; you get one of the below irrational, eccentric, or unconventional pocket guns. Which do you buy and why?

COP 357

Bond Arms 45/410 Derringer

Heizer Defense PAK1 (7.62x39), or PAR1 (5.56)

NAA Mini in 22 Short, 22LR or 22 Magnum

Lifecard .22LR

USFA 22LR Zip Gun

I'd go with the NAA Mini in .22 Short. The NAA Mini has always seemed like a neat little novelty, and I figure if I'm getting a novelty, then it may as well be as novel as possible Plus, I've got 60 rounds of .22 Short sitting around which is basically a life-time supply for one of these....so, with the way my mind works, this is justification alone to buy the gun. YOLO; go full retard. At the very least, it's actually a very accurate modern take on .22 parlor revolvers from the late 1800s, which is neat in its own right.

The runner-up would be the COP 357. I would need more pastel colored clothes and have to wear sockless loafers/boat-shoes to make it work, though.

You?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

NAA in .22lr, based only on the fact that the NAAs are the one thing on the list meeting two bare minimum criteria - 1) at least somewhat likely to work, and 2) won’t destroy my hand when I shoot it. And .22lr just because it’s a caliber I have.

Site Supporter
    I have a P32. It’s a real gun, in a reasonable caliber for its size, that actually works. If I need a micro carry gun for something, that’s the one I’ll use.

Nothing on that list would get me to open my wallet, but if someone gave me an NAA mini revolver, I’d probably keep it as a novelty.

Site Supporter
    The 22 Mini in 22 mag/22 LR convertible. Having shot it - I mentioned before that I could shoot a 230 on the old TX bottle CHL test. So if not far I could hit something. The 22S - had it - only scored about a 130 ish if I recall correctly. I argue for the classic configuration, not with the huge optional grips - why, if you want that get a different gun.

Now the 22 Mag offers a flash bang like effect!

I would only carry the COP as a CCW on the Battlestar Galactica, where it was used as such. Now the other guns are ridiculous. I have toyed with getting the Bond tactical looking 45 ACP derringer, never to be shot.

BTW, I sold the minis as shipping them to NYS with FFL, shipping and storage fees (till I got my permit) made it like buying them all over again. Now the real question is to put a WML on the mini.

Irrational Pocket Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    NAA in .22lr, based only on the fact that the NAAs are the one thing on the list meeting two bare minimum criteria - 1) at least somewhat likely to work, and 2) won’t destroy my hand when I shoot it. And .22lr just because it’s a caliber I have.
    Yes, same. NAA mini. .22 LR. Birdshead grips.

I once shot a buddy’s NAA .22 mag and it was loud. Like really WTF loud.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-05-2021 at 12:26 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I think of the NAA's an E&E tool rather than a defensive firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I once shot a buddy’s NAA .22 mag and it was loud. Like really WTF loud.
    Si. It's a five shot portable flash bang that can punch .22 caliber holes with at least minute-of-cereal-box precision. The 1990s 'strategy' I had was to disrupt OODA and acquire distance, repeat as necessary.

That thing's rode a lot of miles stashed in everything from guitar cases to ashtrays before I had anything more appropriate.

Site Supporter
    The Bond Arms .45LC/.410 derringer. I'd use mouse-fart SWC Cowboy action loads, preferably with black powder, and yell things like 'I'm ya huckleberry' every time I fire it.

I once owned the Bond Derringer and the USFA ZIP Gun. In both cases, I was sorely disappointed. The Bond trigger pull was as much down as it was back and had to be close to fifteen pounds, and the barrels did not have the same POI. Aiming the Bond was an exercise in frustration. I ended up selling it to someone who wanted a "belly gun" for more than I paid.

As for the ZIP gun, the less said the better for all of us. Other than using Ruger magazines, it had no redeeming features.

Of the list, my choice would be the NAA.

The COP. It has the highest sale/trade value toward a j-frame.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List