Thread: Anti-Rotation QD Swivels/Mounts?

Anti-Rotation QD Swivels/Mounts?

I see many a reference to anti-rotation QDs as being superior to full 360 rotation due to less tangling possibilities. I have only about 100 to 200 hours of carbine experience which is relatively low and hadn't had an issue with tangling but I never did anything too high speed with a carbine.

Two part question:

1- Is it worthwhile to seek anti-rotation out, and if so, should one or both be anti-rotation?

2- Who makes the best anti-rotation hardware? Do I want anti-rotation female sockets or is it anti-rotation male piece that goes on the sling itself? I assume it's the female socket.

I think Magpul still doesn't make anti-rotation hardware for the stocks so I dont know if that means they are behind the curve or if it means ARFcom came up with this ridiculous idea that 360 rotation is bad and it has no merit in reality.

1. I like them, but not essential. They’re handy for letting gear hang and it not hitting you in the nuts or swinging wildly.

2. I don’t know, but I always buy BCM after stupidly buying a Chinese knockoff once and having it fail.

3. Female socket, see link above.
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a mix of BCM and Magpul QD sling mounts for MLOK rails, they both work just fine.

beware the IWC made ones do not allow for ANY rotation. I like the ones that allow 90deg

I find the unlimited rotation socket in my buttstock to be a very minor annoyance at times, but hardly something to get too twisted up about. (Ha, I make funny joke.) If you're going to be buying QD sockets anyway, might as well see if there are ones that only allow limited amount of rotation available. But it sounds like you already have your rifle set up and you haven't noticed any issues with it, so if I were you I wouldn't see the point in spending money on new sockets. If the ones you have work for you, great, you're good to go. (And if they don't, well... I've had that non-limited socket in the buttstock of my rifle for years and I haven't yet bothered to do anything about it. It just isn't that big of a deal.)

By the by, now that the topic has been mentioned, does anyone make a limited rotation socket that fits into a Magpul fixed carbine stock? I never really even researched whether I have options available to me, other than changing the whole stock.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I find the unlimited rotation socket in my buttstock to be a very minor annoyance at times, but hardly something to get too twisted up about. (Ha, I make funny joke.) If you're going to be buying QD sockets anyway, might as well see if there are ones that only allow limited amount of rotation available. But it sounds like you already have your rifle set up and you haven't noticed any issues with it, so if I were you I wouldn't see the point in spending money on new sockets. If the ones you have work for you, great, you're good to go. (And if they don't, well... I've had that non-limited socket in the buttstock of my rifle for years and I haven't yet bothered to do anything about it. It just isn't that big of a deal.)

By the by, now that the topic has been mentioned, does anyone make a limited rotation socket that fits into a Magpul fixed carbine stock? I never really even researched whether I have options available to me, other than changing the whole stock.

I'm not familiar with that stock, might be something here > QD Mounts & Bases – GrovTec

I really like these and have started installing them on my long guns but I haven't done my ARs yet. Midway has a decent selection of their products and have been tossing a set in my cart my last few orders.

Maybe IWC?
    https://www.impactweaponscomponents..../sling-mounts/

In case you're still looking, how about these guys?

https://magpul.com/sling-mount-kit-t...obal_color=118

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    In case you're still looking, how about these guys?

https://magpul.com/sling-mount-kit-t...obal_color=118
    That exact sling mount is what I have on my rifle now.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

I agree with some of the others that I want rotation LIMITED not non-rotating.

Also agree that trying to source the “right” thing in a saturated and flooded market that is also experiencing high demand and supply chain issues is frustrating as all get out.

FWIW, if there’s an IWC product that fits your need, that’s the one I’d choose. I did some product testing for them way back when I did those kinds of things, and unless they’ve changed I’d still expect good products and service from them.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List