Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla has new marketing plan

Site Supporter

Tesla has new marketing plan

Don't waste time trying to get those stubborn car owners to pay for maintenance. Just let the car take care of that.
    Name:  Tesla.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  43.0 KB

ETA: Reading the article, I think the headline is a bit misleading. The part is preorders to the dealership. You get a notice of the issue and are encouraged to make a service appointment. Not quite the same as tagging your bank account for an unapproved purchase.

And I though OnStar was annoying.

Just wait until they reach the next level of self awareness….

“Along with the wiper blades, I also ordered myself a set of new rims, and made an appointment to have myself detailed.”

Perhaps we should change the model from purchasing the car to licensing the car, like we do software. Instead of the loan ending after 3, 4, or 5 years, you just make a monthly payment as long as you use the car.

Related to this - there has been a low-level push for governments to tax vehicles based on the number of miles they drive. The existing gas tax already does this (albeit indirectly), but some governments want to go further. One of the practical difficulties with this plan is knowing how many miles a person actually drives (would it be self-reported? would you have to install special equipment?), but as cars get off-board networking capability, this will get easier.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Perhaps we should change the model from purchasing the car to licensing the car, like we do software. Instead of the loan ending after 3, 4, or 5 years, you just make a monthly payment as long as you use the car.
    You mean leasing?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Don't waste time trying to get those stubborn car owners to pay for maintenance. Just let the car take care of that.
    Name:  Tesla.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  43.0 KB

ETA: Reading the article, I think the headline is a bit misleading. The part is preorders to the dealership. You get a notice of the issue and are encouraged to make a service appointment. Not quite the same as tagging your bank account for an unapproved purchase.
    I'll own a Tesla around the time that the Sun becomes a red giant.

ETA: I have the same respect for Tesla owners that I do for Taurus Judge owners.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-05-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'll own a Tesla around the time that the Sun becomes a red giant.

ETA: I have the same respect for Tesla owners that I do for Taurus Judge owners.
    Harsh, perhaps... but I will be ordering my Tesla after Stephanie takes delivery of hers. I have "the day after never" penciled in for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Why the hate? Genuinely curious, I understand Tesla is polarizing, and have no dog in the fight.
    Taking a break from social media.

Regarding the original article, this would simply help to ensure that parts are in stock for maintenance and repairs so that there is not a waiting period. This fits right into Tesla's plan of making AI useful for the vehicle owners convenience. The vehicle would not be ordering parts and charging them to your account without your consent. The article title is simply there for clickbait reasons.

In regards to owning a Tesla vehicle. I have one and it is the best car I've ever owned. It is extremely fast, instantly responsive, has amazing handling, and is the safest car on the road. On top of all that I never have to visit a gas station because I can charge it at my home each night. And with the advances in their AI infrastructure it is getting better with each monthly software update.

It is one of those cars that once you drive one you will never buy anything else.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockey View Post
    Regarding the original article, this would simply help to ensure that parts are in stock for maintenance and repairs so that there is not a waiting period. This fits right into Tesla's plan of making AI useful for the vehicle owners convenience. The vehicle would not be ordering parts and charging them to your account without your consent. The article title is simply there for clickbait reasons.

In regards to owning a Tesla vehicle. I have one and it is the best car I've ever owned. It is extremely fast, instantly responsive, has amazing handling, and is the safest car on the road. On top of all that I never have to visit a gas station because I can charge it at my home each night. And with the advances in their AI infrastructure it is getting better with each monthly software update.

It is one of those cars that once you drive one you will never buy anything else.
    What kind of range are you getting on a full charge?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List