Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tesla has new marketing plan

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    What kind of range are you getting on a full charge?
    I have a model Y and get between 80 to 90% of the rated range depending on how heavy my right foot is. On full charge that is about 270 miles.

The move to the 4680 cells early next year is going to change a lot of people's perception. This will allow them to dramatically increase the range of the vehicles while maintaining or decreasing the weight of the battery pack.

To put it in perspective, the previous model S range was around 350 miles. The move to the 4680 is going to give the top-end model S over 500 miles of range. The move to the 4680 cells for the model 3 and model y mass-market cars should put them over 400 miles of rated range which will equate to a real world range over 350 miles.

Regardless, my current model Y has more range than I will ever use in a single day. And with the spacing of the supercharger Network there is really nowhere in the US I cannot go with short pit stops. Given that I'm hauling children on any road trip, I am generally stopping for about half an hour every few hours for food and bathrooms anyway.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Why the hate? Genuinely curious, I understand Tesla is polarizing, and have no dog in the fight.
    I believe that Musk is a serious, world-class prick. When the pandemic first hit, all of the car companies shut down. It was Musk who was squawking that his factory, which makes pricey short-range cars, was so seriously important that it didn't matter if half his work-force got the virus. Basically, he didn't want to take a hit to the stock price.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Perhaps we should change the model from purchasing the car to licensing the car, like we do software. Instead of the loan ending after 3, 4, or 5 years, you just make a monthly payment as long as you use the car.
    So, like a lease?

Battery leasing is also a thing (more so in Europe), especially for lower cost electric cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I believe that Musk is a serious, world-class prick. When the pandemic first hit, all of the car companies shut down. It was Musk who was squawking that his factory, which makes pricey short-range cars, was so seriously important that it didn't matter if half his work-force got the virus. Basically, he didn't want to take a hit to the stock price.

His work force probably enjoyed getting paid.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    His work force probably enjoyed getting paid.
    I doubt if Musk cares anymore about his workforce than Bezos does. (Or anyone named Walton.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I doubt if Musk cares anymore about his workforce than Bezos does. (Or anyone named Walton.)
    I doubt Musk cares about your opinion of him, or mine for that matter. Maybe he is just of the mindset that adults are able to make adult decisions. Go to work if you think you should. Stay home if you think you should. You know, power to the people and all that jazz.

I understand he is a polarizing figure politically, but I wouldn't call him a prick simply for the fact that he allowed his employees to go to work during a time when the majority of the country wanted to do the same.

Yet there they were with money in their bank accounts from working.

I don't know the dude so I have no strong feeling about him , other than his being an android. Nonetheless, his job is to keep his companies open and trading, which in turn keeps his employees employed. Unintended consequence or not those people could pay their bills as a result of that business running. Not everyone had that privilege.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List