Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.....Gunbroker can be dangerous to the ole wallet

So.....Gunbroker can be dangerous to the ole wallet

I won this on the broker of guns last night, paid a little more than I wanted to for it, but.... it's not like S&W is gonna ever make any more of them....
    Between this and the Hanen Special I picked up last month I probably need to stay off of Gunbroker for a bit. I also blame most of this current revolver lust I have on DB.... just kidding, but not really...

Name:  pix074976835.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  79.6 KB

It is a five inch Illinois State Police overrun Model 14.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

I’d love to find an alternative to shopping there, but gun shows went to shit years ago, and nearly all people staffing LGS’ around here are either full of shit or know nothing about revolvers.

Site Supporter
    rcbusmc24,

I would have probably paid too much for that one too. And I don't need a 5" M-14. LOL

Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been staying off GB for a bit. I don't need to be tormented by guns I can't afford.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Cool.
    When did ISP use them?

Most of these would have originally shipped out in the late 50's....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter

Different point of view

Just think about how much faster your Smith revolvers are appreciating compared to your stock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverJIM View Post
    Just think about how much faster your Smith revolvers are appreciating compared to your stock portfolio
    You can put those stocks in your portfolio on revolvers right?.... otherwise, what's the point.

I've been on a revolver binge lately, and have sworn off, as of today (Colt Cobra 38 1971 vintage). But I would have been sorely tempted by that 5" Model 14.

I was watching that, and am delighted you got it.

User Tag List