Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So.....Gunbroker can be dangerous to the ole wallet

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Most of these would have originally shipped out in the late 50's....
    All of them must have been delivered by '67. That was the year ISP adopted the Smith Model 39. One of the very first big LE agencies to widely adopt a semi-auto.

Oh and I am supremely jealous of that score.

@rcbusmc24
    @03RN
    @RevolverRob

FYI - some info on the 4" & 5" Model 14's from the 1950's.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-han...piece-4-a.html

Congrats on a beautiful piece of America. May you use it in good health!

-Rainman

Another Woodlawn Boys find?

Those guys should donate to PF.com (perhaps they do, don't know) as a finder's fee.

I won their Hanen Special Monday night myself.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 05-05-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    You can put those stocks in your portfolio on revolvers right?.... otherwise, what's the point.
    There will always be someone who wants a Smith & Wesson revolver............can't say that about many stocks.

I don't know a lot about revolvers but I do know you won't see one of those very often with a 5" barrel. M-14's are usually 6".

I've never bought anything on GB. I see lots of things I want but I'm not going to do battle with the collectors and people who just have a lot more disposable income than I do.

I like to play the price is right on GB and set what I think will be the winning bid. I'm always too low so it isn't a place for me to buy firearms.

I will however buy from a site that will fix the price but you have to be quick or the deals will vanish almost as soon as they're posted.

Congratulations on a nice score.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful.... Nice Score
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I've never bought anything on GB. I see lots of things I want but I'm not going to do battle with the collectors and people who just have a lot more disposable income than I do.

I like to play the price is right on GB and set what I think will be the winning bid. I'm always too low so it isn't a place for me to buy firearms.
    I’ve been lucky a few times in the past with the “bid once and walk away” approach. That was well before the current madness, and I’ve only bid on cosmetically ugly, fairly common “shooters” — no collectibles.

Very nice! I told myself I would stay off GB and not buy any guns until my birthday, which isn't for almost 3 months. I got looking and I'm a sucker for a stainless CZ or clone, and I grabbed one of these:

Name:  2000st_1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  13.5 KB

SAR 2000. Used to be called the Kilinc Mega 2000, or something like that.

User Tag List